Feast your eyes on the latest offering from San Francisco electro-hop duo Double Duchess – a gritty, glammy, pulsing new video for the single, “Deviant,” off its forthcoming EP, due out this summer on Oakland's Le Heat Records. There may or may not be a purple dildo in there somewhere.
And Double Duchess – said to be influenced by “Baltimore club, booty breaks, ballroom house...couture fashion!” – knows a thing or two about provocative videos, remember last year's “Bucket Betch” off the duo's debut EP, Hey Girl! Just killer.
This time it's all hot clothes, neon hair, chain-link fences, glossy leather masks, subliminal block lettering, baroque furniture in '90s rave warehouses, strobe-lights, glitter-spitting goodness. And for a split second, you might spot Guardian culture editor Caitlin Donohue in there, looking fancy, and preening in pink hair.
Check the band live next at the Elbo Room, April 5, with Micahtron, HussyClub, and DJs BeyondADoubt and Jaysonik. www.elbo.com.
Most Commented On
- Please block all the buses - December 9, 2013
- The SFBG is broken. The very - December 9, 2013
- Again someone who uses logic. - December 9, 2013
- No - December 9, 2013
- Dipped credibility. - December 9, 2013
- Some intelligent perspective from overseas. - December 9, 2013
- I wish I could afford to take - December 9, 2013
- If the cops investigated everyone who wished harm to - December 9, 2013
- Erin McElroy gives new meaning to "sanctimonious" and - December 9, 2013
- Whatever you say, liar. - December 9, 2013