Feast your eyes on the latest offering from San Francisco electro-hop duo Double Duchess – a gritty, glammy, pulsing new video for the single, “Deviant,” off its forthcoming EP, due out this summer on Oakland's Le Heat Records. There may or may not be a purple dildo in there somewhere.
And Double Duchess – said to be influenced by “Baltimore club, booty breaks, ballroom house...couture fashion!” – knows a thing or two about provocative videos, remember last year's “Bucket Betch” off the duo's debut EP, Hey Girl! Just killer.
This time it's all hot clothes, neon hair, chain-link fences, glossy leather masks, subliminal block lettering, baroque furniture in '90s rave warehouses, strobe-lights, glitter-spitting goodness. And for a split second, you might spot Guardian culture editor Caitlin Donohue in there, looking fancy, and preening in pink hair.
Check the band live next at the Elbo Room, April 5, with Micahtron, HussyClub, and DJs BeyondADoubt and Jaysonik. www.elbo.com.
Most Commented On
- AGHcChcTqhm - April 24, 2014
- I am very happy to tell every - April 24, 2014
- Because - April 24, 2014
- need of my husband - April 24, 2014
- Cindy only has to come in 2nd - April 24, 2014
- 22% believe it was the CIA. - April 24, 2014
- attention: guest(whitemale) @ #2 - April 24, 2014
- Clean Power SF - April 24, 2014
- Well, there was one recent - April 24, 2014
- thank to the great Ofemo - April 24, 2014