I'm loving this video by newish San Francisco power-pop (or "power-slop") band Cocktails for "Hey Winnie," off the group's debut self-titled EP.
The video has the playful vibe of 1990s alternative spots (when power-pop was king), and looks to be set in Tenderloin store, Vacation actually was filmed at the No Shop in the Mission.
Released a week from today (Feb. 12) on local Father/Daughter Records, the seven-inch was recorded at Fuzz City Studio with Matthew Melton, of Warm Soda and Bare Wires fame. Cocktails' next show is Feb. 23 at the Night Light, 311 Broadway, Oak. www.thenightlightoakland.com.
Most Commented On
- Money is the ultimate barbarian - March 9, 2014
- BURN VALENCIA - March 9, 2014
- They claimed to represent the 99% - March 9, 2014
- No matter who posts it, - March 9, 2014
- I agree that government is corrupt and a big part of the problem - March 9, 2014
- Marcos and his point. - March 9, 2014
- No one needs to try and make progressives look bad - March 9, 2014
- I don't think SFBG has ever claimed to represent the majority - March 9, 2014
- Yep, population is what counts if the question is about - March 9, 2014
- You should ask that question if the Bay Guardian - March 9, 2014