I'm loving this video by newish San Francisco power-pop (or "power-slop") band Cocktails for "Hey Winnie," off the group's debut self-titled EP.
The video has the playful vibe of 1990s alternative spots (when power-pop was king), and looks to be set in Tenderloin store, Vacation actually was filmed at the No Shop in the Mission.
Released a week from today (Feb. 12) on local Father/Daughter Records, the seven-inch was recorded at Fuzz City Studio with Matthew Melton, of Warm Soda and Bare Wires fame. Cocktails' next show is Feb. 23 at the Night Light, 311 Broadway, Oak. www.thenightlightoakland.com.
Most Commented On
- Just because you happen to - August 1, 2014
- If only Airbnb would take out - August 1, 2014
- The top 7 music-related things on the Internet that have - August 1, 2014
- to the American Jew - August 1, 2014
- What's with this endless - August 1, 2014
- I would have preferred CS thru to the waterfront - August 1, 2014
- marcos, you were the one who introduced racism here by - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014
- Because he knows that the voters don't really care about - August 1, 2014
- BART's farebox recovery rate is much better and it has its - August 1, 2014