One of the most prosaic lines in film history is in 1974's Godfather II. When Vito Corleone (Robert DeNiro) is asked by Peter Clemenza (Bruno Kirby) if he checked out the package of oily guns Clemenza had left him as the NYPD was hauling Clemenza away, Corleone replies coolly that "I'm not interested in things that don't concern me".
At that point, we realize that the future Don was not a Republican.
Today's GOPster clown cultist is obsessed with things that do not concern them. Embryos and fetuses germinating in women they've never met. Same sex couples marrying thousands of miles from them. The well-being of the same plutocracy that do not pay them the same mind back in the least.
Conversely, when it is things that do concern them--Gulf oil spills, rising seas, warrantless searches of emails and phone calls, endless wars---oddly indifferent.
When someone prioritizes the irrelevant over the important, what else can one say?
They're fucking daft.
Most Commented On
- oEWlFRRxKQEBaX - March 11, 2014
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014