In a grand piece of political theater, Wisconsin Republicans passed a measure 17-15 in their senate that would require an ultrasound prior to an abortion. "Theater" because they had the votes already and because it gave them the chance to grandstand "passionately" about this particularly ridiculous law (the idea being that if the uninformed baby vessel got to see what she was killing, no abortions--like she didn't know what she was doing and wandered into a clinic looking for a bagel and cream cheese and walked out sans fetus).
Or maybe that the idea being that if you make the already ugly and gruesome abortion procedure into a humiliating, painful, degrading and drawn out marathon of misery, the wimmens will be less likely to "kill their babies".
OK. That does make sense in its way. But.......
The male half of these pregnancies don't seem to have a parallel punishment. Why is that? Why not a law that requires that a physician stick a biopsy needle down the ureter to let the "offending party feel the pain of a baby's death?"
Makes sense to me.
Most Commented On
- It's nice Jane Kim is concerned about the rights of the - December 12, 2013
- Was walking down Folsom at the stop light between - December 12, 2013
- 16 million new cars were sold in the US in 2013. - December 12, 2013
- It's all about Me. Me. Me. - December 12, 2013
- His point was that many commutes are in and out of SF and - December 12, 2013
- Yeah, I stroll along the Panhandle a lot and there is a massive - December 12, 2013
- Where in all that does it show cyclists paying in more than - December 12, 2013
- Absolutely, while many (or - December 12, 2013
- I passed on judgment on fault. I merely noted that he was not an - December 12, 2013
- "As anyone who has traveled - December 12, 2013