As the story of the government data mining Verizon's customers gains (and loses) momentum, the various responses (all predictable) are rolling out. "It's Obama's fault", "Bush did it, too", "I don't care as long as it keeps me safe", "they're going after patriotic Americans", blah. blah, blah. My favorite take on this is "well, I've done nothing wrong, so I don't worry--if you haven't done anything wrong, what are you worried about?"
If you haven't broken the law or done anything to raise suspicion, then it's Bobby McFerrin serenade time, right?
See "Internment camps, Japanese-Americans, 1942". Or perhaps "Screenwriters, Ball, Lucille, 1952". Or "King, Martin Luther, 1962". Or "National Committee, Democratic, 1972".
Property seized, livelihood destroyed, assassination, election-rigging. And you'll note that of the above, none of the subjects were "doing anything wrong".
Don't your ears get grimy with your head in the sand all damned day?
Most Commented On
- Good Day Everyone on this - April 19, 2014
- QhVIawLVAR - April 19, 2014
- HOW MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED BY DR BRAVE!!! - April 19, 2014
- HOW MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED - April 19, 2014
- AM SO HAPPY THAT I MET THIS MAN ON THIS SITE - April 19, 2014
- gNqLgYSQzAQAKOGp - April 19, 2014
- Only under the law - April 19, 2014
- Very compelling diagnosis by - April 19, 2014
- That was pretty neutrally - April 19, 2014
- JtCybyvbLH - April 19, 2014