As the story of the government data mining Verizon's customers gains (and loses) momentum, the various responses (all predictable) are rolling out. "It's Obama's fault", "Bush did it, too", "I don't care as long as it keeps me safe", "they're going after patriotic Americans", blah. blah, blah. My favorite take on this is "well, I've done nothing wrong, so I don't worry--if you haven't done anything wrong, what are you worried about?"
If you haven't broken the law or done anything to raise suspicion, then it's Bobby McFerrin serenade time, right?
See "Internment camps, Japanese-Americans, 1942". Or perhaps "Screenwriters, Ball, Lucille, 1952". Or "King, Martin Luther, 1962". Or "National Committee, Democratic, 1972".
Property seized, livelihood destroyed, assassination, election-rigging. And you'll note that of the above, none of the subjects were "doing anything wrong".
Don't your ears get grimy with your head in the sand all damned day?
Most Commented On
- As a minority female who - December 11, 2013
- Social Darwinism? Ha. These - December 11, 2013
- browse this site - December 11, 2013
- To: Alex Tom and Vincent - December 11, 2013
- Nobody should be fasting to - December 11, 2013
- priestandrew thank you sir. - December 11, 2013
- cops = pigs - December 11, 2013
- The think you don't have to - December 11, 2013
- Why? - December 11, 2013
- thank you - December 11, 2013