As the story of the government data mining Verizon's customers gains (and loses) momentum, the various responses (all predictable) are rolling out. "It's Obama's fault", "Bush did it, too", "I don't care as long as it keeps me safe", "they're going after patriotic Americans", blah. blah, blah. My favorite take on this is "well, I've done nothing wrong, so I don't worry--if you haven't done anything wrong, what are you worried about?"
If you haven't broken the law or done anything to raise suspicion, then it's Bobby McFerrin serenade time, right?
See "Internment camps, Japanese-Americans, 1942". Or perhaps "Screenwriters, Ball, Lucille, 1952". Or "King, Martin Luther, 1962". Or "National Committee, Democratic, 1972".
Property seized, livelihood destroyed, assassination, election-rigging. And you'll note that of the above, none of the subjects were "doing anything wrong".
Don't your ears get grimy with your head in the sand all damned day?
Most Commented On
- That's one of the lamest responses I've seen here - March 7, 2014
- "David Chiu took on the - March 7, 2014
- I think that obeying the laws - March 7, 2014
- It's an interesting idea - March 7, 2014
- During Ron Dellums tenure I - March 7, 2014
- I'm quite disturbed about the - March 7, 2014
- Trying to read that was - March 7, 2014
- SVODZbKkmyQ - March 7, 2014
- Don't be glasshole - March 7, 2014
- No no no. Marcos thinks that - March 7, 2014