A memorial for Ron Lanza, the queer impresario who founded Valencia Rose Cafe and Josie's Cabaret and Juice Joint, has been set for Saturday, June 15 at El Rio.
Lanza died of colon cancer April 9.
The memorial starts at 11am and runs to 1pm. It's an open mic; come tell a story. And expect to hear some crazy ones; he had a long and interesting life.
Most Commented On
- Seattle empowered - July 29, 2014
- The courts would differ with - July 29, 2014
- Absolutely! And none of our - July 29, 2014
- The Housing Elements are - July 29, 2014
- Wealthy NIMBYs know exactly - July 29, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 29, 2014
- David Chiu sounds like a sack of shit crook - July 29, 2014
- Growth potential - July 29, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 29, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014