A petition calling for legislation to legalize unlocking cell phones has passed the magic 100,000 mark, mandating a White House response -- and guess what? The Obama administration says it agrees that consumers should have the right to reprogram their phones to work on any carrier's network.
Sina Khanifar, a San Francisco entrepreneur, started this whole movement, and it's picked up steam quickly. Now, with the Obama administration on board, he just needs a member of Congress to introduce a bill overruling the Library of Congress and freeing the cell phones.
Rep. Pelosi, who represents San Francisco, would be an excellent choice to carry the legislation, no?
Most Commented On
- "A barrel of sour grapes" - May 21, 2013
- So in other words you're baiting - May 21, 2013
- San Francisco has become a - May 21, 2013
- I Don't Know Matlock - May 21, 2013
- Oil Drilling Caused Tornado - May 21, 2013
- umm, right - May 21, 2013
- Such a bitter person. It - May 21, 2013
- The US should abolish corporation tax and replace it with - May 21, 2013
- JAW thinks that oil drilling causes the OK tornado? - May 21, 2013
- Cheap energy is the US's best hope to bail itself out of - May 21, 2013