CCSF board approves report to accreditors amid heavy criticism

CCSF students, faculty, and other supporters swarmed the meeting where the board approved concessions requested by accreditors.
Joe Fitzgerald

Windsong, a 21-year-old City College student, held a sign that read “I love CCSF” while standing along Ocean Avenue last evening, as cars rolled by honking their support for the embattled school.

“I love learning while not being bound by the four-year school structure,” she said. She’s an artist in residence at a local elementary school, and was protesting to make sure City College of San Francisco could give her students the same opportunities she had.

“This place is in my heart,” she said. And she wasn’t alone.

Nearly 200 protesters lined the building outside of City College’s board of trustees meeting last night as the CCSF Board of Trustees approved the school’s “Show Cause” report, which is a 220-page document detailing what the college has done to meet its accreditation requirements -- accreditation is required for a college degree to have worth, and for a school to receive state funding.

In short, it’s a document arguing what the college has done to improve since it was hit with sanctions last October, and why it should stay open and accredited. The report is due to the accreditation commission on March 15.

The Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges hit City College with a “show cause” sanction, citing a lack of progress in six problem areas the school was supposed to address since its last accreditation review six years before. When the accrediting commission came back to check on the school, it concluded City College had yet to address key areas, including measuring Student Learning Outcomes, and adequately funding their reserve, a “rainy day fund” the college leans on in hard times.

City College said that it has now met the challenge of those key problem areas. “We were deferring maintenance, and deferring (upgrading) technology,” said board president John Rizzo. “We’re required to spend money, and this gives us a plan going forward.”

But the shouting protesters outside the meeting and the angry students inside disagreed with some points of the plan. Proposition A was a parcel tax measure approved by voters in November that would raise somewhere between $14-16 million City College annually, which the board wanted to use to beef up the college’s reserve fund, one of the key areas where they were knocked by the accrediting commission.

California Federation of Teachers president Joshua Pechthalt implored the board to use Prop A funds for current teachers. “The men and women who work in this college spent many hours taking money out of their pockets to pass Prop A,” Pechthalt said in public comment to the board. The audience of about a hundred or so faculty and students cheered. “I would ask you to work closely with faculty and staff, that you work collaboratively with them.”

Pechthalt was there at the behest of Alisa Messer, the president of City College’s American Federation of Teachers Local 2121. Teachers at City College have had wage freezes for years, and most recently had an 8.8 percent wage reduction just this past month.

Part-time teachers were hit too, as nearly 40 of them were “not rehired” for the current semester, as well as 18 counselors and 30 members of the college’s staff..

Student Martin Madrigal, a 29-year-old mathematics major at CCSF, said he also supported using the Prop A funding to prevent layoffs and wage reductions.

“I missed class to come to this fight,” Madrigal said to the board. “But if I didn’t come here there wouldn’t be a class to miss.”

One by one, faculty and students implored the board to use Prop A funds to buffer the college’s wage reductions and layoffs. At one point, student Eric Blanc, a member of the protest group Save CCSF, came to the podium to speak in public comment and was cut off by the board. Ten or so other students and faculty had yet to speak, and were told there was no longer time.

Blanc then demanded of the board his time to speak. The campus police chief, Andre Barnes, and an officer approached Blanc and tried to remove him from the room. The tension in the room mounted as the audience started chanting “let him speak, let him speak!”

Trustee Rafael Mandelman diffused the situation, asking for silence and calmly explaining that the board needed time to conduct its business. Tensions rose again though as the topic of the college’s reserve fund came up -- the reserve is now at $4 million, but the school is planning to boost it to $13 million by 2014, and $18 million by 2019.

It’s a needed safety net, the trustees argued, for a school with a budget hovering at more than $200 million a year and an economy that’s in the tank.

“Tomorrow the sequestration will begin, and it will impact California spending and our communities,” Trustee Steve Ngo said. “This [money] is going to faculty and staff, but in the future. Faculty and staff would not have to take cuts in wages, if we had funded the reserve.”

Ultimately, the board voted to approve its long term reserve fund plan, using Prop A funds to help buffer the reserve for the future. Blanc told the trustees that they had denied themselves other options, like suing the accreditation commission, or asking for emergency funding from City Hall.

“I think behind the rhetoric of this are thousands of people being shut out,” he said.

Vice Chancellor Peter Goldstein, who handles college finance, said that some of the claims of the protesters were inaccurate.

“I keep hearing people talking about cutting classes,but that’s not our plan for [fiscal year] 13-14,” he said. “In fact, this college is putting together a budget for next year that will have more classes than this year.”

The college may not be cutting classes, but it is asking everyone to do more with less. Teachers to teach with less salary, students to fit into larger classrooms, and for classes soon to fit into fewer campuses.

Whether those are improvements or dire straits depends on who you ask.

Video by Joe Fitzgerald:

Save CCSF plans to march to City Hall to demand aid to CCSF and to protest austerity cuts at the college on March 14. For more information visit http://www.saveccsf.org/.

Click here to read City College’s 220 page “Show Cause” report: http://www.ccsf.edu/ACC/Preliminary_Final_Draft_Show_Cause_Report_Feb_26.doc.

Comments

Shut down anyone that, what disagrees? Sound like the teachers and CCSF staff, or their students morons that walk lock step behind them, and hurt myself? Who are you, the hall monitor? Last time I looked freedom of speech is my right. And as for hurting myself, my man I'm last of the Mohicans, I bend my will to no man, I don't care who is offended I will sit here at work or at home and keep on and on and on, I have the right to say what I want when I want. So go jump in a lake, I want to expose this chaos at CCSF, I want to see this school given back to the students, I want to see the teachers finally understand they work for the students not Unions or to protect their pay and perks.
CCSF is out of control the teachers think they deserve forever great pay and perks, while everyone else suffers.I think we need more debate, more ideas, more creativity so as to find new ways to solve these problems. I resent the power these people have, the indoctrination policies that create little Stalins and Mao's thinking they deserve more and more from taxpayers. We need frugality and accountability, from the teachers to the students. These teachers plan on marching, more useless specticals, more selfish tantrums to protect their pay. Selfish hogs feeding at the govt. trough, like hogs they want more. Acting like they care about anything but their pay and insurance.

Even if CCSF does not get shut down, I guarantee you this school will be shut down eventually they will not change until they are made to, until they are made to realize their idiot policies the very rope that will eventually hang them all.They are like the Twinkie workers rather see the company/CCSF shut down than compromise.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 10:56 am

How about a policy of 3 strikes your out for both students and teachers. Students that fail 3 classes in a semeter getting financial aid, get back at the end of the line. They do already ,but do not require them to lose their place in line in registration.

Teachers that fail to have the majority of their students make decent grades, your out. They have teachers evaluations now but it is bias, have them graded by teachers from Skyline and vice versa, anyone found cheating or giving favors fired forever from any Californai college.
How long you think it would take to have CCSF become a better school, and if teachers don't like it get a job at Burger King. Too bad, these students are paying to be taught and deserve a quality education not just some place to park their asses and collect financial aid. Ask teachers to take a paycut, that money be put in grants for students that do well, make them compete purely academically, no more race based grants and free money. This is BS, everyone no matter the color or sex or sexual orentation or anything should matter, just graded on academics, no more of this BS.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 10:11 am

Guest, I'm not sure which is worse, that you seem to have absolutely NO knowledge of the quality of CCSF's teachers and classes or that you just seem to enjoy belittling, firing, and tearing down everything in your path.

I've taken classes at CCSF off an on for years. I already have my degree, but have found classes at CCSF to match and oftentimes exceed those at 4-year institutions. The teachers are incredibly dedicated to students, providing assistance for many who are at different levels of learning.

I am neither brainwashed nor am I any of other foolish characterizations you use to "prove" your point. That students and teachers are in agreement is not proof of student brainwashing or teachers' greed. It's called student satisfaction with receiving a quality education from quality teachers!

Posted by Proud CCSF Student on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

CCSF is a fiscal black hole, and the teachers whining about wanting to get their hands on this windfall sum of money when it could and should be used to bolster reserves is selfish.

Maybe CCSF is a good college from your point of view, but compared with places like Berkeley, Stanford, UCSF and Hastings, it's third rate. We shou;ld invest in excellence and not in mediocrity.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

Thank you for the logic.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 1:57 pm

That is your opinion and you have every right to it. I went there too, and from MY experience they are bias, leftist, liberal, hateful, power hungry, greedy, unfair, ignorant, elitist, PC, backstabbing, anti-Consitution, hypocrites, liars, and I could go on. When teachers spew political agendas I lose ALL respect, and I speak from experience just becuase YOU agree with them does not mean ALL do. CCSF facts...
School is being threatened with shut down, this does not happen when things are done right.

Just because YOU agree with their leanings and like them, does not exclupate them from their failures. I can say the CCSF teachers enjoy/ed being hostile to the conservative and white male straight students, becuase they foment PC doctrine that dictates they are the new enemy.

And, again just because YOU feel good about the school does not take away that MANY of the students there now and formerly feel the same way, I respect YOUR opinion, please respect MINE. CCSF, is a disgusting refelction of PC indoctrination, and liberal hypcrites that are more concenred with their own pay checks and perks, remember they average $60,000 a year plus benefits, than the students.

And as to they provide assistance to those of different learning level, that is thier GD job!!! They are paid well, what do they want a pat of the back? And obviously they are NOT doing this they are being threaten with closure, and test scores are in the toilet, so be honest. And jsut because you are happy does not DISMISS mine or others feelings of aversion to this school and its teachers.

Instead of them saying we did this, they need to focus on how to improve for peopel that give out grades daily they need to be held under the same scrutiny.

And as to brainwashing, I do not knwo you personally so I will not comment on that, you might very well be right, but from my years of going there, thesethugs, these punks, these pigs would constantly force their politics onto people who thought different, these facists would mkae anyone who thought different deal with constant hostility. This campus is so intolerant you wonder why the attendenace is waning? If it is such a great school why is attendence waning? And why the finincial trouble? Why the low test scores?
And where do you get this student satisfaction? Read the posts here, attend the meetings I guess the screaming and fighting is from the all the satisfaction? This is the brainwahsing I'm speaking of. These students that think these teachers are their friends do not realize these teacher friends are greedy and would rather students pay mre so they can make more, they are greedy. And these students are so naiive and dumb they buy it, like sheeple they follow. You want proof? Aks around not just friends or peopel you know will agree with you, and you will see many unhappy people. The informed ones are not brainwashed.

CCSF is an absolute festering cesspool of sycophantic, liberal, indoctrinating, straight, white, male hating PC hatred.
Try being a straight, white, male on this campus and tell me then how you like the hostility. This campus has made it if you are straight, white and male you better keep quiet and agree or you wil be met with such hostility and hatred you will not want to be there anymore.
YOU want proof? I'm proof, walking and talking proof of this. So, try walkimg a mile in my shoes and then tell me how you feel. Or is empathy reserved for only minorities, women, gays, and other than straight, white, males?

CCSF is currupt and racist.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

Of COURSE it's less prestigious than Berkeley and Stanford! CCSF is a 2-year community college, for heaven's sake! Sheesh! Why in the world would you compare institutions that are, by their very design, INTENDED to be different?

Why don't you compare other community colleges to CCSF? If you did, I believe you'd find that CCSF far and away exceeds them in the caliber of classes they provide. A good part of that has to do with the caliber of teachers at CCSF. I know students who attend the graphic design program at San Francisco State, a 4-year institution. The instructors actually recommend that their students take a few courses at CCSF because THEIR graphic communications department is top of the line!

I am continually amazed at the hypocrisy of people. In the private sector, top line staff comes down to: you get what you pay for! You've got to pay private sector folks big bucks or they'll leave. But when it comes to teachers, you insist they should live by a different philosophy. Students deserve top line teachers. There is nothing you have shown to suggest CCSF are anything less than exceptional. As a student myself, I can attest to that.

I would much rather pay tuition than cut classes, cut teachers or department resources, and prevent students from taking classes again than the ridiculous suggestions of the Accreditation folks. I would LOVE to retake a few drawing classes I've taken in the past. Why? Not because I failed them, but because they were so damned good that I'd like to keep learning and improving. I would gladly pay extra for the opportunity. But none of those creative solutions are being considered. Instead, they're going to disallow students from repeating courses, cutting some courses altogether, and/or shutting off the department budget that allows them to provide the materials for these courses. It's as ANTI-education as one can get. But oh yes, it's all about greedy teachers. Right....

Posted by Proud CCSF Student on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 12:44 pm

benefits, then I would be willing to consider them keeping their jobs. I do not want to see the college close per se, only that it not be a burden on taxapayers.

Third tier colleges should pay maybe 40K per annum, max, with teachers paying 100% of their health and pension costs. That would work for me, along with a hike in student fees.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

Everything you say makes sense and I have no doubt to waht you are saying and to the appreciation you have. But, when I went there I felt such hostility I left hating the school and ALL the teachers, I felt hostility from so many I felt like being in enemy territory every class was filled with hositlity toward white males, degrading the white man, the liberal teachers fostering this hatred to reamin PC and fearful of sanctioning minorities.

It was traumatic for me, because I never felt so much hatred where I had no recourse. I respect your opinion I really do, but from my experience I think the teachers are greedy, PC, and cowardly I welcome CCSF closure they had no respect for me, I have no respect for them. I'm glad you are so rich that you can pay more, but most students can't. Most don't have the money, and the teachers want the students to apy moe so they can greedily get more. To me they are pigs, pure and simple.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 06, 2013 @ 1:56 pm

Your comparing private sector colleges to this hellhole, where public money is not valued and their liberal indoctrination takes precedent over teaching? CCSF needs to be held accoountable regardless of how it was designed, if Stanford or other colleges are using a formula that works, then CCSF neds to adopt it. Make sense?

I served in the military and when we went into New Orleans we used Wal-Mart logistical resources to send in relief after FEMA failed. Within hours people had food, water and other things. CCSF NEEDS outside intervention sicne their formula is not working, their liberal formula. Like Detroit we see the results of liberal politics, total failure and collapse and now the state of Michigan has to come in and take over.

And you say you would rather pay more tution than cut classes, how about not keep raising tuition and spend the money more wisely than waste it or give it to teachers? Like the federal bloated debt I guess let us not have acountability just keep sticking it to the students and taxpayers.

And I don't know what school YOU attened but the teachers I dealt with were thugs and degenerate liberal bastards that were hostile and evil. So, you must be another liberal, this is why you walk lock step and obedient behind them.

And since you are so rich, why not YOU pay 500.00 per unit since you got the money, I guess there is no cap or it is never too much as far as your concerned, what is it like to be so rich? Money is no object to you, but for the other 99% it is a big issue!

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 2:33 am

Close this dastardly den of delerium and debauchery. Full of PC pontificating, putrid, pompous, pretentious, feeders of prima facie.

Thank the liberals for their running this school into the ground.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 3:50 am

I'm hoping they close this campus full of racist, bigot facists. Campus police there to uphold the pig administration. Campus police there to protect the pig,greedy, degenerates called teachers. I hope an earthquake swallows the whole campus and everyone on it.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 4:10 am

Department of Education has bought millions of rounds of ammo, this is FACT! What the hell does a school like CCSF need this much ammo for? Oh, yes they might not carry guns on campus but they have access to weapons on moments notice.

CCSF is like all the rest of the mobs of menacing malcontents called campus police. Rife with corruption and part of another union teachers union, police union, union, union ,union. Translation the purveyors of putrid, puritanical, prodigious, profligating punks.

Please sir may I have more? No, say the teachers of CCSF we gave you an adequate amount of gruel (aka education).

As the poor wretched orphan limped back to his desk, he wondered if the students will ever get more gruel, or if the teachers at CCSF will continue to take more than their fair share.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 4:58 am

Why all the hate? For public school teachers? 60k a year in SF is a lot of money? Please.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 9:04 am

I care whether it is the best we can do. After all, it is our taxes that are paying for these teachers, so why should we pay them more than we have to?

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 9:12 am

It is more than 60K. With pension and health care benefits factored in, it is more like 80K.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 11:26 am

I just do not see the job being worth any more than that - it's still $20 an hour - twice the minimum wage.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 11:34 am

Then move to those places then and like their community colleges.

Posted by marcos on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 11:47 am
Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

See you get it, CCSF teachers have been so comfortable for so long they are hell bent on protecting their gravy train. Getting paid over 60k a year and sometimes more, administration and chancellors making more, free parking, free housing in some cases, free insurance, free dental, free home loans, free neverending and YOU and I foot the bill not only in SF but all Californians, the lottery was to fund education, what happened to that? Then there was all the tax hikes, and then these recent hikes, and the bonds, it never F'en ends.

These CCSF teachers live well above the standards of most other people in this state, now working for the government means making well above what others make. Everyone should be crazy pissed out of their minds, these students need to understand CCSF teachers first and only priority is their pay, they will say and do anything to protect every dollar. This is an insult that they dare complain when so many are out or work ,no insurance, no job security, no nothing. Where is the Occupy movement? Why are they not protesting this?

Most in this nation are suffering and the CCSF teachers have the audacity to think they should have more.

Absolutely amazing!!!

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

You define hate as attacking CCSF teachers for being greedy? People in Detroit called publucsector workers aka Teachers ran the greatest city on EARTH into the ground along with other workers in Unions, these people same as here instead of taking cuts ran an entire city into the ground, no ruined millions of lives and set the precedent for people like teachers at CCSF to take moeny from taxpayers and feed their selfish greed.

And like the Obama voter you say wy the hate dude? Totally uncool dude. Really? Have you no imagination or logic? Can you not see these people are exactly the same?Wake up moron, these people took an entire city Detroit, funded their greed and raped entire generations from being able to live decent lives. That is why all the hate, genius.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 9:56 am

There are people in SF that live on much less, let alone $60,000 A YEAR PLUS PERKS!!! And ask students here how much do they make? Hey, Obamabot, stop drinking the Kool-Aid, wake up and think. That is $30,000 for six moths, that is $15,000 for 3 months, that is $5,000 PER month, that is $2,500 PER two weeks and that means that is $1,250 per week!!!! And you mean to tell me that is not enough, not including all the rest of the perks? There are people that make less and work harder, so cry me a river for the greedy making $1,250 a week!!!!!

That is over 12 hundred dollar bills per week. And that is not enough?

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 10:16 am

There was once a man educated in SF, he went to the top, he also went to Berkeley he then said once when working his public sector job, "Never answer the questions asked, instead answer the questions you wanted them to ask". This man virtually singlehandedly a product of SF schools and Berkeley, was Robert McNamara because of HIS liberal education we lost thousands in a little war called Vietnam, he was once our Secretary of Defense, another public sector job.

Like CCSF teachers he learned to twist the truth, and set the policies that cost lives. Just because there are those on campus that do not have a piece of paper that now often means little, does not mean they are smarter than the students they teach. Does not mean they have read more books or have more creative thinking abilities, so why is it they deserve so much? Because of some made up formula that they created that says I deserve X amount of money?

I beg to differ. These policies that CCSF teacher unions set, these pay grades do not reflect current economic trends. They instead are based on out of date and hopeful thinking tax bases. Anyone can pull out an amount from their asses!!! And say this is what we should be paid.

Welcome to your bloated govt. virtually out of control being worked by the puppet masters called unions, headed by greedy people that are offended you even ask questions or dare to challenge them. Who are YOU to challenge their salaries?

All the while you cannot even get classes you need, think this is on purpose? Think that they want you there longer to buy more crap, to buy more books to be a captive consumer? The longer they keep you on campus the odds are you will spend more. Of course they want you to think they care, they are your friends, makes sense to smile as they have their hands in YOUR pockets, you all are so ignorant.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 10:41 am

I have been reading all these posts and it seems the main crux is if the money is being spent wisely, obviously NOT. The only real answer is to shut this school down and send a mesage to the greedy and obnoxious self serving teachers and their thug union, the students and tax payers are in charge and they pay your salary put the meaning back into public servant.

The only motivation for CCSF teachers to march is to protect their paychecks. What a sorry state of affairs when CCSF teachers lie to students and say they are on their side. We know thinking and thoughtful people know different. These schools like CCSF are completely out of control because they have no oversight and what oversight they do have is beholden or in the hip pocket of the powerful school unions.

I see no reason that the tax payers and students should suffer any longer from this debacle. Also, I urge investigations into the contracts given to build all these buildings that have now been slated to sit idle. what a complete waste of money, I would bet my life you look into this you will find corruption and kickbacks.
i have noticed any posts bringing up these matter have been removed, I wonder why? It is not like CCSF has not been involved with stealing money from tax payers before.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

municipal union that we are willing to make the tough decisions. And few people will miss the college with the worse rep in the entire Bay Area.

Close it now!

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

CCSF is so corrupt and so much of a waste it is out of control. Remember those new campuses that were so important? The ones where we paid and are still paying on? Well, the contracts were given to friends of the powers that be, kickbacks were given and more contracts, the contractors then hired sub-contractors that employed illegals and unskilled labor to build YOUR new campuses, then the money saved went to the political thugs.

Oh yes, I know firsthand of this scam, jobs that were filled by unskilled illegals that then paid no tax on their pay. And many people made insane money from these contracts. And guess what? We are footing the bill, we are still footing the bill. These are your amazing and caring CCSF administrators. There is no end to the corruption and theft from CCSF it continues and continues.

There is no desire to investigate this or any other corruption, and when they do they get a slap on the wrist, whereas anyone else would be in prison. CCSF is rife with layers and layers of corruption from top to bottom. Spending millions on waste whiel students get shafted. And try to excercise your constitutional rights of free speech on the CCSF campus and the police will arrest you.

CCSF teachers only care about their free speech when they want to talk and when they can't they get outraged, these hypocrites only care when they are stifled, and when their pay is threatened. Becuase they are greedy and selfish.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 12:55 pm

Teachers at CCSF need to take heed the future is online and you created it, you say the cost of education is rising? Then be proactive and lead the way? You say you care?
Then step aside for students to be able to learn and deal with the costs by welcoming online courses, there is no need for students to sit in a classroom for months to slowly learn at a snails pace when many can take the opportunity and learn when they have time and not have to commute, pay for parking or public transportation. Real time online courses make it feasable now to avoid paying for the upkeep of buildings and campuses.
Instead limiting CLEP credits at 12 allow them to be earned for as many as they are proficient in.

We can make education cheaper and degrees more obtainable, instead of forcing students to be herding into classrooms and spending years doing what they can do in much less time.

Not all courses can be online but enough that this will ease the crowding, lower costs, and allow the real serious students to move forward and acheive their goals on their own timetable.

The result of this will be more attendance not less, more busy people will sign up and pay for courses online and the profit margin for these course will be much larger than paying for classrooms, the online courses can be done without restricting hours, think of it sevral times the number of students taking the same course, and having to pay less teachers. You might say who will grade them and deal with the larger virtual class sizes? Hire asistants, less money and less pressure on teachers. You don ot have to have a degree to check the teachers manual for the right answers. Audit them on a regular basis, make standard course like Algebra, Chemistry, Biology, etc. streamlined where they can be graded like a Ford assemble line, there will still be labs and interaction for those that need it.

But,courses like those where you sit and hear lectures could be done online and guess what? CCSF could then reap the benefits of working students and people not hampered by having to be in a classroom, single mothers, housewifes, homebound, poor, would be able to take advantage of being a student at CCSF.

Either CCSF and their teachers union see this is going to happen and get in on the trend early of miss out on badly needed revenue.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

This pig teacher a disgusting liar whore, she is CCSF most vile and pompous, self absorbed, smart ass bitch. She speaks about she and her boyfriend read porn at home, she then turns around and slams white men for being racist as she then coddles non-white males. This fucking hog is so fucking PC she demands everyone speak only PC sanctioned words, not to mention she is an idiot. Speaking to her reminds me of how if you kiss the right ass, are liberal enough, and are a woman and non-white the world of education is at your feet. I doubt she has ever known any pain in her life, she has used men and people for everything she has gotten.Her grandfather died a few years ago and never even visited him, instead he died while she was living her life, no time to visit some old person dying. This is a product of a selfish generation of pigs that only think of themselves. Hopefully she will get a butthole infection and die, and this twice marrried whore cheated on her husband and simply moved on, hurting people because they are there to be used and hurt, all that matters is her life her goals and her happiness, fuck everyone else. I guess this second marriage is forever the first time you made that promise did not matter, this time is forever not last time. I guess when you make a promise it only is good the second time you make it, this time is it for real last time was not. What a fucking pig, a user a mean, loveless, mechanical, cunt. This fucking motherfucker is a liar, backstabbing whore. Go talk more sit behind my back you fucking bitch, have you and your little bitch boyfriend stare talk about me in class again how fucking rude and demented you are. YOU creepy fuck, you have a tiny bit of power and you fucking use it, you slimy fuck.

Go drip some cum out of your cunt whore,slut, cunt pig, whore.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 9:28 pm

violates the SFBG comment policy:

"Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, comments are the sole responsibility of the individual commenters. SFBG reserves the right to delete any comments that include hate speech, libel, plagiarism, threats, personal attacks or off-topic assertions, and inappropriate language in order to protect the integrity of the site and its users. We do not edit comments for content."

Do other thoughful readers agree? The internet can attract some strange people.

Down with stupidity!!!

Power to the thoughtful!!!

Posted by San Francisco Anti-Stupidity Campaign on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 9:45 pm

Free Speech is protected under the constitution the act of protecting speech means to protect speech that is offensive, the subjective bar of what is offensive is very much open to interpretation.

Motherfuckers like YOU think you can control speech when it offends you. Welcome to America, if you want to control speech there is North Korea,Suadi Arabia, Iran, Venezuala, China and more places that would welcome your fucking Nazi comtrol freak fucking shit. This bitch being written about is a complete whore, if she wants to debate she knows what to do. As for you you fucking bitch, chump mothefucker I will not be cowed by your littel fucking bullshit. Free speech means little bitches liek you can turn the fuckign channel or suck it up. Either way I don't give a fuck, as long as you fucking step the fuck aside, I say what I want when I want if you got a fuckig problem rewrite the constitution until then go crawl back under your fuckign rock. As to strange I guess hacking your genitals off here in SF is not strange or going to the Folsom Street Faire adn drinking fucking piss out in the open is less strange or the Gay Pride parade where adults feel the need to have bizarre sex in public. But, me talking shit online is strange, are you fucking sheltered? Obviously so.

You want to edit fucking edit dont be a btich and threaten to, and dont thik you scare me, fuck off! And I knwo who you are by the way, it isnt hard to ascertain, so fuck your mother in the ass with a giant dildo.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 11:32 pm

Go fuck your mother take her dildo and ran it up her ass then lick her cunt juice. Too bad free speech means little sweet bitches like you have to suck it up when your feelings are hurt.

Too bad your a little worm eating pig bitch. You fucking cum drinking bitch whore.

Take a fucking dog and eat the shit out of its ass as it shits. The San Francisco Anti Stupidity Campaign, how about the San Francisco Anti Little Bitch Campaign?

I hope your whole family gets AIDs from a rabid dog by being raped in the ass. And your mother's pussy looks like roast beef. Your Father sucked dog cocks, and your sister sucked ape dicks. Your grandmother was a child rapist and your grandfather and you would have sex with each other on Sunday in from of the family while watching Family Fued then McGuyver.

Please go and drink drano and stick pins in the hole in your tiny weasel dick. Hows that? is that offense?Tough free speech bitch

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 11:50 pm

Clearly this is someone with a serious grudge/obsession against a particular teacher, bordering on derangement. This is the kind of person who's liable to bring a firearm to the school and shoot a bunch of people.

Fortunately no one is anonymous on the internet. If I were in charge here, I wouldn't just delete these comments, but report this person to the police. It also seems like the teacher he has a grudge against knows the person. If I were her, I'd report him to campus police.

I have to admit that when the title of a post is "fuck you," it piques my curiosity. But seeing this person get more and more deranged as the thread goes on, this is no longer funny. I think this person needs to be locked up before he hurts someone.

Posted by Greg on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 12:08 am

Wow thanks God your here Greggy, litte Greggy the bitch that keeps everyone so safe, I think you should call the police, I mean heavens knows your a what? A therapist? A professional? A great guy keeping us all safe?

The only person here making wierd and omnious threats or suggestions is you, you sound like the Chicken little with the tiny dick, I think I'm more afraid of you, can we please have the police visit Greg, I think Greg is dangerous he seems scary bringing up things that I fear, I hope someone can gets Gregs ISP and stomp on his free speech rights and please detain him, have him evaluated and disregard the law, and constitution, pease someone get Greg.

And yes I think this person should be arrested so he can sue, and sue the fuck out of everyone that stomps on his 1st Amendement rights, I think this teacher should call the police and make shit up and better be fucking 100% sure he wrote it, it is illegal and this way he can sue her her significant other, the school the police and everyone involved including Greg, sounds good I'm sure he could use the money. I mean fuck the 1st amendment, fuck it, and who gives a fuck about your curiosity bitch, who the fuck are you? Who cares what the fuck you think or fear or infer? Go fucking blow your boyfriend and fuck off. And please come and try to lock me up YOU fucking better have a warrant. Now please go fucking eat some shit I got more shit to talk.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 12:48 am

It is curious, is it not, that much as a sight-impaired person, by focusing on the senses which are more acute, develop those senses to amazing levels of acutance.

Similarly, the analysis of the words written here yields deep understanding and recognition of the personalities present.

Posted by lillipubicans on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 9:43 am

I always carry my American Express with me I never leave home without it, so if you ever see me take that in mind, I'm always prepared and ready for anything I prefer to be ready than need it and not have it, you get my meaning?

Posted by Guest on Mar. 07, 2013 @ 11:35 pm

I guess free speech bothers you huh? Sounds liek your the one making threats, your the one obsessed with someones rant on a post, making suggestions, what don't YOU report it to the campus police? Let them read the posts and see these so called threats. And then hopefully they can go to this persons address and this student can sue for harrassment and infringment of free speech, I'm sure then CCSF would welcome a lawsuit I'm sure there is no lack of attorneys to take the case. And then Greg we can supeona for your ISP and have you tesitfy as well. And then we can have the campus police question you since YOU are the only one making ominous threats. And then we can have you mentally evalutated. Sounds like you have the mental disorder and are porjecting your wishes, who I'm afraid of you and your leap to bringing up eerie things. I think the police should investigate YOU.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 12:27 am

THis is America bitches land of the fucking free and home of the fucking non-bitches like Greg and Mitra Sapienza. Thank God fuckign Eagles fly over me and shit like that. Thak God Bin Laden is dead and there are monster truck races. Thank God for hot chicks in bibkinis and bar-b-ques and beer!!! Thank God we can talk shit to little scared bitches like Greg and Mitra Sapienza and CCSF this is America!!! Motherfuckers!!!!

Thank God for velvet tapestries with wolves and the American flag, Thank God for Malboros and 7-11's that sell platic roses for one night girlfriends with teeth missing. Thank God for 16oz. sodas and beef jerky and trailer trash drugs, Thank God for drunk poets and pickup trucks with Yosimite Sam mudflaps, and truckers with the girl silohuettes with long hair and big tits!!!

And thnka God little dick bitches like Greg don't fuckign matter at all and have no power and are so desperate they act tough on the internet at 1 in the morning because he has no life and no girlfriend.

But thank God mostly that the day little bitches like Greg matter is the day America runs out of drugs and guns!!!!

USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 12:57 am

Hey GReg have a period, change your tampon, you little hermaphrodite. I wish your tiny balls get eaten by a rabid dog, then you can go ahead with the rest of your sex change. As for you Mitra Sapienza you need to buy bigger tampons, since your pussy is so big.

Oh little scared SF liberal bitches who only believe in free speech if it is liberal free speech, the modern day Nazi fucks aka liberals, you fucking facist fucks go live in China where they can harvest your organs you simple fucks.

You fucking liberals should move to interment camps in Fresno the armpit of America, where if you put a group of peopel in a line you get a full set of teeth.

Fucking Fresno good Lord such a shithole 3 years old commit suicide, Greg is probably from there. Motherfucker Greg I wouldn't name a three legged gay dog Greg.
I heard half of Fresno was on drugs and the other half was jealous!!!

Fresno so fucking terrible so ugly and full of scum that even Kevin Federline even won' go back.

Fresno, even the name let's you know how fucked up it is, FRES-

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 1:13 am

You see by the dawns early light!!! What so bravely was my foot up Gregs ass!! Lalalalalalala!!! Oh say can you see that eagle fucking flying!!! And while the British were burning 7-11's we kept on fighting!!

Beacuse of little btiches like Greg don't matter!!!

Thank God for the Eagles, wolves and shit!!!
So get back into your truck drive the fuck out of Fresno, for the land of the free and the home of the brave!!!!!!!!
USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 1:25 am

It says that little bitches like Greg try and scare people that offend them, seemks the only one here bringing up scary shit is YOU!

See I like to fuck women, I love pussy, big, hairy, stinky, hot, wet cunt meat. That is what men like, but Greg you are a little bitch you like to wear little pink panties and work vibrators in your ass, and that is OK, that is your right you can have a dildo up you ass that is what it means to be American, you can also suck cock, while wearing your panties, it is fine. Thnak God the forefathers freed us so people liek you Greg can drink urine at the Folsom Street Fair and get fucked by big hairy men with nipple clips, and wearing leather in the sun.

But, see there are also men like me that fuck big and hairy wet cunts from behind and lick womens buttholes and suck their clits, and fucking mount women like dogs and fuck like animals, that is what men like me do. I dont expect you to understand that I like my dick to have sitcky cunt juice on it. So Greg keep wearing your pink panties and leave me alone, so I can finger wet pussies.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 2:12 am

Finally there had been good conversation going on involving everybody. Someone is trying to disrupt it and shut everybody up !

Sad !

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 8:52 am

This site has had a serious troll infestation which the moderators refuse to do anything about. Of course that guy posting homophobic rants about some teacher he hates is beyond trolling. Kinda crossing over into the deranged lunatic zone. Given the moderator's refusal to do anything about it, I don't think we should be surprised it's come to this.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 5:19 pm
Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 5:35 pm

"Guest" that the First Amendment to the Constitution describes the rights that individuals have in relation to the federal government, not to a private business. For a reminder, try expressing your right to free speech to your boss. If you are really daring (and the SFASC doubts that you are,) use the explict language above.

Down with stupidity!!!

Power to the thoughtful!!!

Posted by San Francisco Anti-Stupidity Campaign on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

implications and ramifications. It was simply stated that you retain that right. Whether you should always employ it is a matter for your judgment, as always.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 6:02 pm
Posted by lillipubicans on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

willingness to take responsibility for it. You want it both ways, and SFGATE banned you for abuse of that.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 6:57 pm

You're all smug because the Guardian tolerates your shit. You think it's your god-given right to spout trollish garbage and hide behind a faux affinity for free speech. But when someone gets thrown off a site for progressive speech, you applaud that. You only support free speech when it's right wing speech you agree with. Hypocrites all!

Posted by Guest on Mar. 09, 2013 @ 7:43 pm

I wasn't aware that the constitution prohibited moderating websites. You might want to tell the Chronicle, the Weekly, and oh just about any other site, that they're running afoul of the 1st Amendment by prohibiting people from polluting their sites with rants like the ones posted above.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 6:10 pm

You are not free to suppress comments.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 08, 2013 @ 6:51 pm

Also from this author

• Poll says SF loves tech buses, doesn't ask Spanish speakers

• Boom for whom?

Why isn't San Francisco's hot economy creating a budget surplus to address its costly byproducts?

• A fine dilemma

Increased citations often hinder homeless youth from finding better life