SF's cycling yogis, beware

Maybe next time I'll take BART to yoga, or just do yoga in a BART station.
Tim Daw

As a regular yoga practitioner in San Francisco at a couple different studios, I was already aware that classes are especially full these days, with the New Year's resolution crowds still not substantially subsiding yet. And after getting the front wheel stolen off of my bicycle last night while I was in a Yoga to the People class in the Mission, I also learned of another trend: people's bikes being targeted for theft while they're inside stretching themselves.

While the SFPD tells me they're unaware of any bike wheel theft trend targeting yogis, it's also not something that many people would report, and if they did, not something tracked in the SFPD's Compstat system. But when I did a Facebook post last night, I heard from several people who say they were similarly victimized recently.

And it sorta makes sense. How tough is it for the cretins who steal bikes and bike parts to note when lots of cyclists seem to be arriving and leaving from a certain spots at predictable times? So I just thought I'd throw this one out there to my fellow cycling yogis (or students, theater goers, or anyone who might similarly situated): Beware situations where blocks of bikes are left alone for a set period of time.

Comments

every chance I get to discredit you and show everyone what a racist turd you are. Unlike you, I can actually cite material:
-your vile quote that blacks should be grateful for their enslavement
-your frank admission that you don't care if tenants die from unsafe housing
-taking a page right out of Rush Limbaugh's playbook when you called on Caitlin to provide a sex tape for your amusement. Oh yeah... you don't think that went unnoticed, did you?

You are a racist and (bizarrely) misogynistic right wing swine.

Posted by Greg on Feb. 28, 2013 @ 10:43 pm

Are you sure you should be addressing someone you're suing? Is that the wisest course of action?

Poor dear - you really are going downhill very quickly.

Posted by Lucretia Snapples on Feb. 28, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

You can dish it out but can't take it?

Posted by Guest on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 7:03 am

Lucretia Snapples provide the racist slurs that she claims Greg wrote.

From its history of reading San Francisco websites in search of stupidity, the SFASC cannot recall these slurs, but it may have forgotten them.

Lucretia Snapples should easily be able to find these alleged quotations in the archives of this website and should provide them to support her constant allegations against Greg.

Down with stupidity!!!

Power to the thoughtful!!!

Posted by San Franciso Anti-Stupidity Campaign on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 8:04 am

different times and on different threads here indicates the veracity of the claim. Greg has made little secret of his dislike of the Asian power bloc in SF politics, conveniently ignoring the fact that one third of SF'ers are Asians.

More generally, those on the left who endlessly pander and fawn over blacks and hispanics for no reason other than their skin color, oddly hate on Asians, presumably because of their "model minority" status.

While liberals cannot get their hands around a non-white group of people who don't spend all day committing crimes, but rather study and work hard, and succeed.

Greg is the classic "anal retentive regressive-progressive". And a racist as well.

Posted by Guest on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 8:21 am

Just because nobody has actually cited any racist comments -- by, say, actually producing an accurate quote of such is immaterial.

Even marcos says he knows Greg and that Greg is a racist. And we can put 100% faith in marcos because he'd never perfidiously take a shot at one of his putative allies. (That's *never* happened, and can't even be imagined.)

Posted by u spill bacillin on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 7:30 pm

I was being sarcastic for satan's sake, I know Greg and he's no more racist than the average white person who is working on their racism.

Posted by marcos on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 7:49 pm

There is only Lucretia the Troll, talking to herself under different aliases. No one else has noticed this alleged anti-Asian bias of mine. Shit, for all you know I could be Asian myself! And if I haven't EVER said a single thing against Asians, what basis does she possibly have for accusing me of being anti-Asian? There is no basis! Just repeat the lie often enough and hope it sticks... just like the title of the post above, as a matter of fact.

Secondly, there is no "Asian block" in San Francisco. There are Asian progressives and Asian conservatives... and Asian moderates. Some Asian politicians I like -Leland Yee, Eric Mar, Phil Ting; some, not so much -Ed Lee, David Chiu, Carmen Chu; still others I'm kinda neutral or ambivalent -Jane Kim and Norman Yee for example. But in all cases it has nothing to do with their "Asianness". It's about what they stand for and how they do their job.

What this is really about is that Lucretia the Troll made some actual statements against blacks, tenants, and most recently women (bizarrely) -statements that were so beyond the pale that if any hate radio shock jock were to make them, he'd be fired and even the Republican party would disown him. Stuff like "Blacks should be grateful to Europeans for their enslavement." I called her out on it, and she's pissed. So she's retaliating by making things up out of thin air. Lucretia, you're just an ugly, despicable human being.

Oh, and marcos... the sarcasm wasn't helpful. I believe you called me a lazy parasite... now that's somehow morphed into an accusation of racism (haven't heard about that till now... I'm guessing it's another lie made up out of thin air). In any case, I didn't appreciate it.

Posted by Greg on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 9:10 pm

only progressives get to howl racism as a debate killer.

It cracks me up that Greg gets so worked up and is so clueless when he gets his silencer shortcut done to him. Greg gets to accuse people opposed to renaming the airport of bigotry, he gets to howl about people wanting our immigration laws obeyed of racism, but his race ravings are nuanced.

Posted by matlock on Mar. 03, 2013 @ 1:49 am

I'll say it again.. LOL!

Posted by Hortencia on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 4:41 pm

Sorry about your bike. Been there, and it sucks.

(how such a benign post could become such a shit-show is just amazing to me)

and I know that they get mocked a lot, but to further the public service angle of this post...

Posted by guestD on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 9:32 am

Locking Skewers.

Posted by marcos on Mar. 01, 2013 @ 6:44 pm

I've had my bike seat stolen after coming out of yoga to the people

Posted by Guest on Jul. 26, 2013 @ 11:02 am