A San Francisco entrepreneur's petition to allow consumers to unlock their cell phones has gathered more than 100,000 signatures, and now the White House will have to offer an official response.
Sina Khanifar, who runs opensignal, has been pushing to overturn a recent ruling allowing cell phone companies to prevent people who want to switch carriers from changing the firmware that controls the device.
The campaign to convince the Obama administration and Congress to overturn the ridiculous ruling continues here.
Most Commented On
- NwANHRyAHtphIaBTNZKi - April 18, 2014
- Wrong, Steven, the "Guest" made no cogent arguments. - April 18, 2014
- I like the band - April 18, 2014
- Steven, the percentage of scientists who support global warming - April 18, 2014
- TOAkcLPchHMnOYM - April 18, 2014
- In other words... - April 18, 2014
- Seeking the truth - April 18, 2014
- Yes real - April 18, 2014
- qcXxxEfPWOYXcFI - April 18, 2014
- Yes, so where is your evidence coming from? - April 18, 2014