A San Francisco entrepreneur's petition to allow consumers to unlock their cell phones has gathered more than 100,000 signatures, and now the White House will have to offer an official response.
Sina Khanifar, who runs opensignal, has been pushing to overturn a recent ruling allowing cell phone companies to prevent people who want to switch carriers from changing the firmware that controls the device.
The campaign to convince the Obama administration and Congress to overturn the ridiculous ruling continues here.
Most Commented On
- I've noticed that bike lanes are sometimes poorly-lit and - December 4, 2013
- In defense of being a d*ck - December 4, 2013
- Meth YES, Sewage disposal NO - December 4, 2013
- I see. Well, judging from the - December 4, 2013
- You can't eat art - December 4, 2013
- Because only tech workers - December 4, 2013
- You watch the 6 o'clock news? - December 4, 2013
- I never see lycra on a - December 4, 2013
- Is there a correlation between spending money - December 4, 2013
- P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N - December 4, 2013