A San Francisco entrepreneur's petition to allow consumers to unlock their cell phones has gathered more than 100,000 signatures, and now the White House will have to offer an official response.
Sina Khanifar, who runs opensignal, has been pushing to overturn a recent ruling allowing cell phone companies to prevent people who want to switch carriers from changing the firmware that controls the device.
The campaign to convince the Obama administration and Congress to overturn the ridiculous ruling continues here.
Most Commented On
- And your contribution to San Francisco - May 25, 2013
- There just doesn't seem to be any joy in Thugville - May 25, 2013
- Someone could also argue - May 25, 2013
- The hole truth... - May 25, 2013
- There's always a reason that - May 25, 2013
- assholes - May 25, 2013
- Google it, genius. - May 25, 2013
- Diversionary tactics, as usual, - May 25, 2013
- So what are you saying Rob? - May 25, 2013
- Progressives previous to 9/11 - May 25, 2013