A San Francisco entrepreneur's petition to allow consumers to unlock their cell phones has gathered more than 100,000 signatures, and now the White House will have to offer an official response.
Sina Khanifar, who runs opensignal, has been pushing to overturn a recent ruling allowing cell phone companies to prevent people who want to switch carriers from changing the firmware that controls the device.
The campaign to convince the Obama administration and Congress to overturn the ridiculous ruling continues here.
Most Commented On
- Marcos is a renowned Middle East and housing expert - July 28, 2014
- Self-appointed expert Marcos - July 28, 2014
- Uh oh, you're not supposed to talk about that. - July 28, 2014
- Left out - July 28, 2014
- HOT PINK LIST 2013: DRAG PHANTASMS - July 28, 2014
- Looks like Lilli has lost his - July 28, 2014
- airbnb - July 28, 2014
- GlMrULdoSMG - July 28, 2014
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 28, 2014
- JAKaDNkQqxrfP - July 28, 2014