Jeremy Mykaels, who is featured in our story this week on Ellis Act evictions, is fighting back with his reseach and web-developer skills: He's put together a site, ellishurtsseniors.org, that details not only his story and the overall plight of tenants but lists every Ellis Act eviction involving seniors or disabled people, the address, the name and contact info. for the landlord -- and a call for potential TIC buyers to avoid those properties.
I hope this gets circulately widely -- and that people buying property consider the human costs of eviction.
Most Commented On
- Don't you tire of repeating - May 25, 2013
- Maldita fondata = Lucretia Snapples = Troll II = ????? - May 25, 2013
- Like I said, either form is fine - May 25, 2013
- No, Marcos was fairly anti-semitic himself, Lilli. - May 25, 2013
- 100K a year isn't poverty level and above average for SF - May 25, 2013
- You know this was psychological manipulation don't you? - May 25, 2013
- Great list, Lilli - May 25, 2013
- I don't think Chicago says - May 25, 2013
- marcos? can we bring marcos back to sic on this putative - May 25, 2013
- I think I know which building he is talking about - May 25, 2013