Jeremy Mykaels, who is featured in our story this week on Ellis Act evictions, is fighting back with his reseach and web-developer skills: He's put together a site, ellishurtsseniors.org, that details not only his story and the overall plight of tenants but lists every Ellis Act eviction involving seniors or disabled people, the address, the name and contact info. for the landlord -- and a call for potential TIC buyers to avoid those properties.
I hope this gets circulately widely -- and that people buying property consider the human costs of eviction.
Most Commented On
- Oh I see; so some can break - April 16, 2014
- Have you read the report? - April 16, 2014
- Transit first doesn't mean transit only - April 16, 2014
- The Hours of the Day - April 16, 2014
- Greg won't be happy until all wealth has been confiscated and - April 16, 2014
- Or we could just privatize Muni and use all the money we save - April 16, 2014
- With one exception, everyone - April 16, 2014
- "The problem is that the - April 16, 2014
- Now we're getting somewhere. - April 16, 2014
- Hard-working Asian city? Love it. - April 16, 2014