I have friends in the Gun Left, and even a few in the Gun Right, who firmly believe that they have to have a large collection of dangerous weapons so that when the Forces of Repression or the International Socialist Order come marching up to their doors to lock them up in concentration camps, they can fight back for their freedom. Like this, I guess.
Only: The dozen or so rifles in your closet won't do much good up against the US Army, if that's who you fear -- and if you fear the International Socialist Order, relax: You'll get free health care.
Of course, we all know that the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, so: We need armed guards in every office building, and in every urologist's office, and on the streets of Chicago. Wait -- we already have cops in Chicago. And in Oakland. And still.
Most Commented On
- Ludicrous. Rewritten for - December 5, 2013
- I'd guess most SF'ers haven't heard of the Marsh - December 5, 2013
- OK - calm down - December 5, 2013
- You sound very intolerant. Why the hate? - December 5, 2013
- We aren't asking you to feel sorry for landlords, Yo. - December 5, 2013
- He is only here for an hour a day? - December 5, 2013
- No, just crazy whack jobs. - December 5, 2013
- At that link (19 Signs You - December 5, 2013
- Why don't you tell us what - December 5, 2013
- So its pretty much - December 5, 2013