There's a scattering of early returns, mostly from conservative Central Valley counties, and they should everything bad happening -- Prop. 30 failing, Prop. 32 winning, Prop. 34 and 37 losing .... but LA isn't in, the Bay Area isn't in, and none of this means much. Except: Prop. 36, the repeal of three-strikes, is going to win overwhelmingly. It looks like Prop. 39, ending a billion-dollar tax loophole, is going to win handily. And the attempt by Mercury Insurance once again to rewrite the state's car-insurance laws is going down to defeat.
Prop. 30 is about two points behind Prop. 32, and since Prop. 32's going to get crushed, that's maybe not a bad place to be.
I'm not worried yet.
Most Commented On
- Ben Who? - May 25, 2013
- The last time a Rethug got 51.1% was - May 25, 2013
- Glad you loved Nixon, - May 25, 2013
- Multiple Posting Anti-Semitism Guest is at it again. - May 25, 2013
- Johnny a breath of fresh air after Tim, etc. - May 25, 2013
- Actually, deciding who gets - May 25, 2013
- Convict Bradley Manning - all counts. - May 25, 2013
- "Republicans are assholes" - May 25, 2013
- The reactionary nutbags... where do they get this "stand down" - May 25, 2013
- Demented and confused, you are such an ignorant sot that - May 25, 2013