The crowd just went nuts at the SF Democratic Party headquarters on Market Street when the big TV screen flashed, "Obama Re-Elected."
Downstairs from the rejoicing, a poster on the wall claimed that volunteers made 29,050 calls over the weekend on the Democratic incumbent's behalf -- upstairs, of course, was the payoff for all that hard work and the party.
State Sen. Mark Leno told us "San Francisco was the most productive campaign office in the state," having hundreds of volunteers a day.
LGBT activist Gary Virginia was happy and relieved by this victory. "I feel there's so much at stake in the LGBT community in the White House with this election."
But there's more to come. "I'm a little worried about the ballot measures," SF Dem chair Mary Jung tod us.
Sup. Scott Wiener was watching the other races countrywide. "Elizabeth Warren, what an amazing voice to have in the US Senate." he said.
DCCC member Matt Dorsey was focused on local races like D5 and D7, "I think those are going to be the most exciting races to follow."
Most Commented On
- Your repulsive. - May 22, 2013
- Lil Reese - May 22, 2013
- Oro11 and Shawn Reynaldo - May 22, 2013
- Xorauguynagazsy - May 22, 2013
- What is "staggering expense" if City doesn't repair potholes? - May 22, 2013
- Enjoy our clothing free lifestyle! - May 22, 2013
- Are you Single and a Nudist? - May 22, 2013
- nudist dating - May 22, 2013
- Public employee unions suck... - May 21, 2013
- interesting - May 21, 2013