There's an element of Disney buying Lucasfilm that hasn't made the news yet: The giant SoCal outfit is now inheriting Lucas's nifty annual tax break, cheating San Francisco out of property taxes worth about $60 million. See, part of what Disney gets is that shiny Lucas building in the Presidio -- a private office complex built in a national park. And since it's on federal land, not San Francisco land, Lucas doesn't pay the city property taxes.
Nice to know the rest of us working stiffs are helping Disney out.
Oh, and $4 billion for the entire Lucas empire? Disney got it cheap.
Most Commented On
- LfuYPsNiHgfUN - April 19, 2014
- XjQKvgZcEqhKG - April 19, 2014
- Life is beautiful. Let's go - April 19, 2014
- XDrcKCEAHuYEFnaEF - April 19, 2014
- Nieto was a nutjob with a gun - April 19, 2014
- The fact that you call the police "scum" shows that you are - April 19, 2014
- So no evidence about this specific case then? - April 19, 2014
- I thought it was a very well-reasoned and informed commentary - April 19, 2014
- MifzLadaGVFAfrHZPyrE - April 19, 2014
- aPrGFUQSglRWYdCVqQEd - April 19, 2014