District 5 candidate London Breed has an amazing life story. She grew up in the Western Addition projects, living with her grandmother at a time when many of the people around her were killed or wound up in prison. She survived, went through public schools and UC Davis and now runs the African American Art and Culture Complex. She's served on the Redevelopment Commission, where she voted in favor of the Lennar project, and is now on the Fire Commission. "I am here as the result of progressive politics in this city," she said. She also talked about fiscal responsibility, and how it's good to have someone at City Hall "who knows the value of a dollar."
Listen to the full interview after the jump.
Most Commented On
- And your real name is Shannon? - March 11, 2014
- Yes, Shannon, some of us prefer evidence to conjecture, - March 11, 2014
- Total equality is infinitely expensive. - March 11, 2014
- So Tiny wants blacks to be barred from evictions? - March 11, 2014
- I would LOVE to know your - March 11, 2014
- Marzia's claim that the PUC - March 11, 2014
- Proud Oakland! - March 11, 2014
- So the ADA and the Civil - March 11, 2014
- I am not a transplant, 5th - March 11, 2014
- SFBG love to tell tech what they should do but when did SFBG - March 11, 2014