The Ethics Commission is expected to rule by the end of the day Aug. 16 on whether to recommend Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi be removed from office.
The final legal arguments are over, and much of the discussion was around the technicalities of the law: What is official misconduct -- and does the conduct in question have to be related to official duties? Does it have to occur when the official is in office? There were also factual disputes over whether Mirkarimi was involved in witness intimidation and whether the mayor properly used his discretion in suspending the sheriff.
Room 263 has been packed, with a long line out the door. Mirkarimi is present with his wife, Eliana Lopez, and his mother, Nancy Kolman Ventrone. Public comment will take at least several hours, with a decision expected late in the day.
You can get regular updates at twitter.com/sfbg.
Most Commented On
- Imagine an international SEIU - April 24, 2014
- this is the best spell caster in the world - April 24, 2014
- My Name is Mr James smith .I - April 24, 2014
- What works, systemically? - April 24, 2014
- Miss Precious Nzunde can destroy your puppetmaster!!! - April 24, 2014
- A REAL SPELL CASTER - April 24, 2014
- the great spell caster that saved my marriage - April 24, 2014
- My name is jenifer and i live - April 24, 2014
- how you can get back your ex lover after break up - April 24, 2014
- DiRCKlNNaDQCCmo - April 24, 2014