I guess it's really, really important for San Francisco to build more housing for the very rich because there's just such a profound need for it. In fact, the demand for million-dollar condos is so high, and the supply so tight, that the folks at Rincon Tower (which is hideous) are bringing in celebrities to try to sell the last few units.
You don't find many mid-range and affordable units sitting on the market; in fact, there's a long waiting list and a lottery for affordable housing. Because there's more demand than supply. On a policy level, one would think that the city would seek to match supply and demand (since the free market clearly isn't doing it). But no: SF continues to approve housing for people who don't need it and won't balance that out with the level of affordable housing that IS desperately needed.
Most Commented On
- Accomplice - May 18, 2013
- Many folks get their down payment from the - May 18, 2013
- Death wishes now? For furnishing a taxonomy? - May 18, 2013
- For the simple reason that a majority disagree with you, - May 18, 2013
- Illegals usually work "back of house" and so - May 18, 2013
- No, Venom, I have knowingly hired illegals. Why? - May 18, 2013
- You're well aware that wasn't what I meant - May 18, 2013
- Stepping stones for most wage earners in sf - May 18, 2013
- respect the castro neighborhood - May 18, 2013
- The collective guilt argument. - May 18, 2013