The new supervisorial districts could change the makeup of the board and have a lasting impact on local politics. There's been a lot of discussion about individual districts -- but not so much talk about how the new map will affect progressive politics citywide. We're holding a Guardian forum Jan. 26 to look at that issue, discuss different scenarios and come up with some alternatives. Panelists include Calvin Welch (who helped draw the first district elections lines in 1976), Quintin Mecke (who was on the redistricting panel 10 years ago when the current lines were drawn), Norman Fong (who runs the Chinatown Community Development Center and Fernando Marti (a community architect and housing activist who has some proposals for new lines).
If you're interested and want to join the discussion, the event starts at 6 p.m. at the Mission Campus of City College, 1125 Valencia. We'll be done by 8 p.m., I promise.
Most Commented On
- ngRqQcBlxeODokdxsEka - April 21, 2014
- zWbBAdNqet - April 21, 2014
- UEnuhdnVqFWAxJh - April 21, 2014
- uCnoDZlMvIAxXt - April 21, 2014
- mWgxyNmalCQRrCwgLL - April 21, 2014
- spell caster that help me - April 21, 2014
- euhKSDcwqbGCEG - April 21, 2014
- iUZgkURJPUAuXGx - April 21, 2014
- JZKKCRErkreJv - April 21, 2014
- bCaCsMmKHQ - April 21, 2014