At the Carnelian by the Bay behind the Ferry Building, District 5 supervisor Ross Mirkarimi seemed like a guy who didn't want to speak too soon.
But the cheers and hugs from supporters -- and the smile spreading across his face -- reflected polling results so far.Mirkarimi was ahead by 10 points.
"This isn't over yet," he said. "But I like where it's going."
Sen. Mark leno was more direct, saying, "I think you are the next sheriff of San Francisco."
Most Commented On
- The rule is four or maybe - March 12, 2014
- How would one expect outside - March 12, 2014
- At what point, and more - March 12, 2014
- PUT A PICTURE if you want - March 12, 2014
- I'm just asking questions - March 12, 2014
- Taxi Insurance - March 12, 2014
- Good luck SFBG/Ex - screw the Chron if they're doin that - March 12, 2014
- Here's what wouldn't surprise me - March 12, 2014
- The trolls here find even a huge fire a reason to troll here - March 12, 2014
- Aside from the conversation - March 12, 2014