At the Carnelian by the Bay behind the Ferry Building, District 5 supervisor Ross Mirkarimi seemed like a guy who didn't want to speak too soon.
But the cheers and hugs from supporters -- and the smile spreading across his face -- reflected polling results so far.Mirkarimi was ahead by 10 points.
"This isn't over yet," he said. "But I like where it's going."
Sen. Mark leno was more direct, saying, "I think you are the next sheriff of San Francisco."
Most Commented On
- The outfit is a dead giveaway - December 9, 2013
- Steven and friends - Enjoy your sh*tcakes! - December 9, 2013
- If only there were a word for this.. - December 9, 2013
- Erin modeled herself after Sir Robin: - December 9, 2013
- Appalled - December 9, 2013
- This is Alper's 15 minutes of adequacy. - December 9, 2013
- You don't have to take my - December 9, 2013
- good points but SF is like Manhattan on crack right now - December 9, 2013
- The politics of envy always fails because ultimately Americans - December 9, 2013
- From the article: "Alper said - December 9, 2013