I'm glad someone else has noticed the problem with giving a political fixer his own newspaper column. I've been talking about this for years now, and the Chron doesn't care. Brown is a walking conflict of interest -- he represents clients who have business in the state and the city, and he can freely hype those clients in the Chronicle, and he can promote candidates who he is doing fundraisers for -- and he never has to disclose anything.
Chronicle Editor Ward Bushee keeps saying that this is a celebrity, an-about-town column, but it's really not. Brown mostly writes about politics, and he's got a huge platform to help people who are paying him. It's an embarassment.
I don't expect the Chron to get rid of him, but at the very least, they ought to make him disclose when he has a financial interest in what he's writing about.
Most Commented On
- I'm sorry... You want to - June 19, 2013
- Across series she repeats the - June 19, 2013
- Xorauguynaxgves - June 19, 2013
- agen bola had out with buy. - June 19, 2013
- Agen Bola - June 19, 2013
- I am a fan! It is the best - June 19, 2013
- The one time I agree with anon - June 18, 2013
- Xorauguynahfumg - June 18, 2013
- Do you even know what these words mean? - June 18, 2013
- Speak for yourself - June 18, 2013