Chris Cunnie's event at the Delancey Street Foundation was packed early with top pub safety officials -- San Francisco police chief Greg Suhr, San Francisco Firefighters Union president John Hanley, San Francisco Police Officers Association president Gary Delagnes.
Cunnie was greeted with applause when he arrived, saying "We're going to win tonight -- stick with me." Numbers suggest he's currently not leading, but the air of "It's not over" is palpable.
Suhr told the Guardian, "I can't tell you how much I'm hoping I get to work with Chris."
California Attorney General Kamala Harris said, "The night is early and we're in it for the long haul."
Upstairs, former police chief turned district attorney gascon is also having an event. He's bearing much better in the polls: supporters, clustered around a TV, cheered when early returns came back putting him at 48 percent with one percent of precincts reporting.
Most Commented On
- Suspending Judgement - December 8, 2013
- Also regarding The Hallowed, - December 8, 2013
- The devout worshipers of The - December 7, 2013
- Well said. I'm sure the - December 7, 2013
- "There will also be food, - December 7, 2013
- Ugh this sounds miserable. I - December 7, 2013
- Trolls such as yourself - December 7, 2013
- On the contrary, it is - December 7, 2013
- Child, you don't follow - December 7, 2013
- B.U.F.F.O.O.N. - December 7, 2013