The award for the best political ad of the year (so far) goes (no surprise) to Bevan Dufty, who is the only mayoral candidate willing to laugh about himself and the only one who could pull off an ad that's a love poem to Muni.
I'm sympathetic: I love Muni, too. But I'm not running for mayor and trying to explain why the system is so fucked up.
Still: It's great to see Dufty on the train with his kid, and it's great to remember how exciting Muni is for kids, and I laughed when I saw the ad. Which is something.
Check it out:
Most Commented On
- Hooker ads - June 18, 2013
- You're missing something on this story - June 18, 2013
- search engine: San - June 18, 2013
- Apple only does those totally legal actions because the - June 18, 2013
- Disagree. The banks had to be saved. But GM? No way. - June 18, 2013
- You got to be fucking kidding me. - June 18, 2013
- Didn't really matter either way. - June 18, 2013
- Not really...just ask Apple - June 18, 2013
- It wasn't a cost problem. it was a revenue problem. - June 18, 2013
- Really, marcos? - June 18, 2013