SF Weekly and its chain parent have asked the state Supreme Court to review the precedent-setting victory for small business in our predatory pricing suit. The appeal's a longshot -- the high court only takes a small fraction of the cases presented to it. But the appeal shows that Village Voice Media is still trying to overturn the state's Unfair Practices Act. I've posted our reply brief here; it demonstrates very clearly how the big newspaper chain is trying to twist the law to allow big outfits to crush independent businesses.
The Supreme Court is expected to decide whether to take the case by Nov. 29, but can give itself anothrt 60-day extension.
Most Commented On
- Skin In The Game - December 4, 2013
- My Point Is That You Are Full Of BS - December 4, 2013
- "Monetary monomania" - December 4, 2013
- You claim zero hatred and proceed - December 4, 2013
- Again, 50% of Americans pay just 2% of income taxes - December 4, 2013
- My point was that you were only considering one tax when - December 4, 2013
- I challenge you to cite any "hate" remark in this thread. - December 4, 2013
- Will any such developments be accompanied by a clear commitment - December 4, 2013
- Lots Of Big Words In Here Put On Your Big Boy Pants - December 4, 2013
- Ambrose, for every Van Gogh there were 9,999 failures who - December 4, 2013