A newly released survey of the AZ governor’s race at Public Policy Polling shows a tight race, with Attorney General Terry Goddard, a Democrat, leading all the GOP candidates, including current Arizona governor Jan Brewer, who just signed the state's racist immigration bill, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has been treating undocumented Mexicans like animals for years.
“The remainder of the race could hinge on the popularity of the controversial new immigration law which Brewer signed, Goddard opposes, and Arpaio, naturally, has lauded,” said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “Brewer and Arpaio could both beat Goddard if they rally illegal immigration opponents.”
According to Public Policy Polling's analysis, Brewer's handling of the immigration bill gave her a much needed boost among Republicans in her quest to snatch the GOP gubernatorial nomination from Arpaio and other Republican candidates. But Democrats and Latinos are now flocking to Goddard in droves, as calls for a nationwide boycott of Arizona grow.
Most Commented On
- Beyond the bros - July 23, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 23, 2014
- CEQA reform battle sparks welcome changes even before final - July 23, 2014
- Eris Mars daughter was getting second hand soda? - July 23, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 23, 2014
- The only "funny" thing... is - July 23, 2014
- We don't need a masterpiece - July 23, 2014
- We must be multicultural and diverse - July 23, 2014
- Muni is an anachronism - July 23, 2014
- The sick-out made me a - July 23, 2014