Remember when we told you about that very special piece of fan mail from the guy who didn’t like our cover story about undercover cops targeting San Francisco nightlife?
Well, he appears to be the same person who just got picked up by the FBI for making threatening and harrassing phone calls to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
"[Federal officials] said he recited her home address and said if she wanted to see it again, she would not support the health care overhaul bill that since has been enacted," according to the Chron piece about his arrest.
We didn’t publish his name with the post, because we weren't able to verify his identity. But the name signed at the end of the email sent to the Guardian was Greg Giusti, and the Chronicle names Gregory Lee Giusti, 48, as the man who was arrested in San Francisco this afternoon after threatening Pelosi.
In his email to us, Giusti included the phrase “that ugly witch Nancy Pelosi.”
Some of our readers commenting on his over-the-top letter, which contained racist and homophobic language, wondered if it was some kind of joke. We wondered about that, too.
But as we wrote in our post, "Receiving a letter crammed with hate-filled speech while witnessing pockets of far-right extremists grab headlines, we thought it best not to ignore it, but to call attention to it."
Most Commented On
- Too much government - July 28, 2014
- The concept of "citizen enforcement" is unknown in law. - July 28, 2014
- Boring discussion - July 28, 2014
- Pathetic. Negatives can never be proven. - July 28, 2014
- Please provide one that - July 28, 2014
- Steven, it has been estimated that anywhere between one third - July 28, 2014
- Although there are thousands of Airbnb rentals in SF, very few - July 28, 2014
- If there is no question about it then you will be able to cite a - July 28, 2014
- Corrections - July 28, 2014
- ClEpauJHZNJybsJsL - July 28, 2014