On the anniversary of the day when Jesus Christ was supposedly crucified, the Catholic Church has ratcheted up its counterattack on the journalists and victims’ advocates who have the gall to be concerned about the church covering up an epidemic of pedophilia by priests, taking its feelings of persecution to a ridiculous extreme.
The New York Times reports that during the Good Friday services at the Vatican, with Pope Benedict sitting in attendance, Rev. Raniero Cantalamessa equated negative news articles about the still-unfolding pedophilia scandal with the history of persecution suffered by the Jews, saying, “They know from experience what it means to be victims of collective violence and also because of this they are quick to recognize the recurring symptoms.”
Are you fucking kidding me?!?! Did he really equate valid criticism of a very real church scandal to the Holocaust, in which more than 6 million Jews were killed by a Nazi regime that was playing footsies with the Catholic Church at the time? Shameless, utterly shameless.
Most Commented On
- don't forget techno! - December 4, 2013
- Spinning, spinning, spinning. - December 4, 2013
- Cars, Motown, Eminem, Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons. - December 4, 2013
- Unreasonable - December 4, 2013
- Wait a minute, isn't Detroit - December 4, 2013
- OK, so you admit the clear double standard here? - December 4, 2013
- I can answer that very - December 4, 2013
- So you agree with me that the Union can back out of the - December 4, 2013
- You may not understand the - December 4, 2013
- So are you saying that if the union members had rejected this - December 4, 2013