Just spoke with Sup. David Campos, who has some interesting thoughts on the next mayor and whether the supervisors should seek to change the City Charter to create a special election instead of filling a mayoral vacancy by appointment.
"I don't have a problem with people having the final say," Campos told me. "And they will, since there will be an election for mayor next year anyway.
"But the current system has been in place a long time, and a district-elected board appointed Dianne Feinstein mayor, and nobody had any problems with it back then. It's just now that Newsom has decided to run for another office that he's talking about this. It's really self-serving."
Yep, that it is.
Most Commented On
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 1, 2014
- bLpotpWduanco - July 31, 2014
- uIujCbThgYuXYJg - July 31, 2014
- SHrjrSIVcgK - July 31, 2014
- Yawn. Just more navel gazing - July 31, 2014
- Spotlight shone on gentrification in West Oakland and SF - July 31, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - July 31, 2014
- A great way to send a message - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014
- VLF never would have passed. - July 31, 2014