So maybe it’s more complicated than blaming it all on Craigslist, but reports that The Onion, that venerable fake news publication, is discontinuing print editions in San Francisco and Los Angeles, “because the advertising in both cities has been abysmal” got me thinking uncharitably of Craig Newmark again.
Speaking of killings, Craigslist representatives are meeting with attorney generals from Missouri, Illinois and Connecticut today to negotiate eliminating ads for prostitution and other suspected illegal sexual activities from their site.
Most Commented On
- All taxpayers. It would be - April 16, 2014
- I thought he made some good points before an evident troll - April 16, 2014
- And who pays for that? Let me guess. - April 16, 2014
- Just saying that it is an unfortunate first name. - April 16, 2014
- LOL, Krugman and Reich? - April 16, 2014
- Having a taser is not a justification for waving it around, - April 16, 2014
- Caring that a few people are very rich is the - April 16, 2014
- Hey, Greg, you used my line. - April 16, 2014
- Two thirds of SF residents are in the top one percent, - April 16, 2014
- But Greg, you make "snap judgments" all the time about - April 16, 2014