By Tim Redmond
We've often accused the San Francisco Chronicle of acting like a public-relations mouthpiece for Pacific Gas and Electric Company. But it's not even funny anymore: The Chron today has a big front-page ad from PG&E -- and, perhaps not coincidentally, the paper almost totally ignored the news about a key step toward public power.
The front-page ad, accompanied by a note from the publisher, has turned some heads among local journalists. Publisher Frank Vega says in his note that the Chron is just following everyone else in the industry.
But PG&E's greenwashing ads? Right on the front page? And where was the story about Community Choice Aggregation?
Most Commented On
- The money to build it comes from the feds - August 1, 2014
- XkoKnToehiZ - August 1, 2014
- eorCozAvkypQNPCZJb - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Sorry, this is not the Ed Lee I voted for. - August 1, 2014
- An alternate decent show - August 1, 2014
- I think he is - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014
- Could Petrelis and Marcos not get a room? - August 1, 2014
- Just an honest commentator and truth teller. - August 1, 2014