By Tim Redmond
Or so says the person who took it.
Remember: I was given a print of the photo of Newsom in a pink kimono with alleged stalker Han Shin from someone who says he got if directly from Shin. I had no idea who took it. But the photographer just came forward and called me. I can't use his name, but here's the story he tells (and it rings true).
The photo was taken at Sup. Bevan Dufty's campaign kickoff. Newsom was there, wearing a Dufty t-shirt over his dress shirt. Han Shin showed up and presented Dufty with the kimono. Dufty tried it on, then Shin took it over to Newsom and draped it over the mayor's shoulders. Then Shin handed his little camera to a person on the scene -- the one who just called me -- and that person snapped the pic.
It wasn't a high-quality camera and there were lots of sources of light on the scene, which explans the weird shadow patterns.
For the record, the person who called me has a history in local politics and no reason to make this up.
Most Commented On
- yes, ignorance - December 12, 2013
- They make some of the - December 12, 2013
- Your attitude reminds me of - December 12, 2013
- You just proved his point for him. - December 12, 2013
- Some can, maybe. Most cannot and do not. - December 12, 2013
- In theory, kids and seniors can ride a bike. - December 12, 2013
- ack - December 12, 2013
- "We're not all affluent white - December 12, 2013
- search engine: 1. Seniors - December 12, 2013
- very good points - December 12, 2013