By Tim Redmond
The results are starting to roll in, and it's a night for local progressives to remember. Chris Daly is well ahead in District 6, with 46 percent of the vote (to 41 percent for Rob Black). The School Board race is shaping up as a progressive victory, too, with Jane Kim in first followed by Hydra Mendoza and Kim-Shree Maufas. Dan Kelly has dropped to fifth place, and it appears his career on the School Board is over.
With the exception of the Parking Tax, all the progressive measures are passing, even Prop. H, the tenant-relocation bill that had a serious campaign against it.
The only downer is that Bevan Dufty is well ahead in District 8.
Most Commented On
- By your philosophy, oh sage - December 4, 2013
- One of the things... - December 4, 2013
- Most so-called activists are. - December 4, 2013
- Rebecca, the distinction is immediate and obvious - December 4, 2013
- Mr Basinger is kind of a d*ck - December 4, 2013
- Is Chris Jackson really quitting? - December 4, 2013
- From your own cite, GPD, the bottom 50% pay just 2% of all - December 4, 2013
- There are many more taxes than just income tax. - December 4, 2013
- the man that help me get my ex back to me - December 4, 2013
- Do Your Own Work - December 4, 2013