By Tim Redmond
Everyone's having fun with this story: Apparently, the Rob Black campaign in District 6 is paying people $15 an hour to act like volunteers. There's a great photo on Sfist that sets the scene. Then KPFA sent a reporter to interview Black "volunteers" and got some great stuff. Here's a partial transcript, thanks to leftinsf.
REPORTER JOSHUA SMITH: On a busy street corner in District 6, campaigners are out in full force. Eric Wilson is wearing an I Black Back Button and standing next to a large poster endorsing the candidate. He says he got involved with the campaign through the Glide Church. But from a glance you would never guess his political stance.
ERIC WILSON: “Allegedly I’m going to be paid fifteen dollars an hour cash. I support Chris Daly, but I’m doing this for Rob Black for the cash. And it’s an oxymoron, but well, you gotta do what you gotta do to eat in this city.”
In other words, Black doesn't actually have a lot of volunteers, so he's trying to buy them.
Most Commented On
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013
- Think he means the evergreen - December 11, 2013
- What is "Penthouse Letters?" - December 11, 2013
- Ludicrous! Many "living - December 11, 2013
- it probably raised uncomfortable truths - December 11, 2013
- Really - December 11, 2013