By Sarah Phelan
Say what you will about Clinton, but when it comes to raising morale, the 42nd President still has what it takes.
"One side says stay the course, the other says, 'We can do better,'"said Clinton, as he urged us all to vote Yes in Prop. 87, which raises $4 billion by taxing oil, and uses those funds for alternative energy research and development, including incentives for buying alternative-fuel vehicles. Too bad Big Oil didn't spend $100 million on improving air quality, reducing asthma and lung cancer, instead of on all those misleading ads that try to frighten people into voting no.
"They can't deny climate change, the national security implications, that too many of us, especially children, are breathing air that doesn't meet minimum requirements, so they're just spending $100 million to defeat Prop. 87," said Clinton. "They're really just saying, 'We're against any positive change."
Most Commented On
- Fatshion - December 13, 2013
- Who gets paid to pump gas - December 13, 2013
- More people would bike if it - December 13, 2013
- I think more people would... - December 13, 2013
- Thanks, El Dedo, for factual - December 13, 2013
- But I am correct - December 13, 2013
- Hundreds of lawsuits say otherwise - December 13, 2013
- Biking could be for everyone if we wanted - December 13, 2013
- Biking could be for everyone...if we wanted it to be - December 13, 2013
- Why is it always an external - December 13, 2013