By Tim Redmond
At City Hall
Well, our resident expert on political predictions, Chris Bowman, who is that rarest of creatures (a smart Republican), stopped by with his predictions. He estimates 42 to 44 percent turnout city wide, which is actually better than I had expected. That's based on a formula for predicting turnout based on absentees that he's used for about 15 years.
Ted Gullicksen of the Tenants Union was here also, worrying that the turnout would be higher on the west side, since that's where all the action's been. (Reilly-Ma and Nevin-Yee have big, well-funded GOTV operations and have run very, very visible campaigns). High westside turnout would be bad for the pro-tenant Prop. B and would help the Laguna Honda fraud, Prop. D.
But Bowman says not to worry about that -- he says most people are turning out to vote for governor, and that the voting will be heavily Democratic on both sides of town.
Most Commented On
- "One of our sayings is - April 24, 2014
- marriage - April 24, 2014
- Jerry on abortion - April 24, 2014
- about your message - April 24, 2014
- the great spell caster that saved my marriage - April 24, 2014
- Hello I am Lisa Jerry ,I am - April 24, 2014
- There was an empty clip at - April 24, 2014
- the true 1% - April 24, 2014
- It is easy for a progressive - April 24, 2014
- We need more women like Cindy - April 24, 2014