Many of you know me as that ditzy drag queen in a trash bag stumbling down your block at 4am. But I am also, on occasion, a snappy dresser -- in my mind. Or at least I know how to hit on snappy dressers (talk about bow ties).
I also know when. And for the cutest, scruffiest ones get to the annual Sui Generis afternoon Pride in Style party, this year on Sat/29.
Every year the Castro consignment-vintage-new store is packed to the gills with stylish males -- actually cool stylish males, not the prissy mall-slave ones. Basically the Pride kickoff reception of dreams, if there weren't so many Pride kickoff receptions before it. This one's chill though, with a family feel, and great tunes from DJs Jason Kendig and Two Dudes in Love. And libations and cheer. Plus you might just pick yourself an outfit to wear out the door to the Dyke March.
PRIDE IN STYLE
Sat/29, noon-4pm, free
2231 Market, SF.
Most Commented On
- It's nice Jane Kim is concerned about the rights of the - December 12, 2013
- Was walking down Folsom at the stop light between - December 12, 2013
- 16 million new cars were sold in the US in 2013. - December 12, 2013
- It's all about Me. Me. Me. - December 12, 2013
- His point was that many commutes are in and out of SF and - December 12, 2013
- Yeah, I stroll along the Panhandle a lot and there is a massive - December 12, 2013
- Where in all that does it show cyclists paying in more than - December 12, 2013
- Absolutely, while many (or - December 12, 2013
- I passed on judgment on fault. I merely noted that he was not an - December 12, 2013
- "As anyone who has traveled - December 12, 2013