Since you might be having a hard time finding the funds for your 1. your ticket to Phu Quoc and 2. the Opening Ceremony-Spring Breakers mall trash collection you'll need for those white sand beaches, you should at least let us help you out with the third essential component of your hypothetical spring escape: books!
You'll need them for those hypothetically long hours in the sun, and lucky you, two epic sales are going on shortly so you can save your ducats for neon logo cropped tees and duty-free Toblerones. You might also hit up Adobe Books, which has been served its final eviction notice in the face of incoming yuppie muck *sad face*
Friends of the San Francisco Library book fair
What: 250,000 specimens of all kinds of media, the sale of which will not only augment your lit-loving vacay, but also go towards supporting the good old SF Public Library, YAY. If you're a Friend of the public library with a capital "F," you can hit up the space on Tuesday night for a special preview, which we hope goes down like those videos from the '80s of crazed parents trying to bumrush Toys 'R' Us for the best Cabbage Patch Doll.
Cop: There's gonna be hardcover books for $3, and $1 DVDs and CDs since no one knows what those things are anymore -- but for the purposes of your Vietnam getaway, immerse in the $2 paperback section. (Please, not The Beach.)
Fri/3-Sun/7, 10am-6pm, free. Fort Mason Center Pavilion, SF. www.friendssfpl.org
Chronicle Books "Back to School" warehouse sale
What: James Franco specifically told us that spring break was forever, but apparently Chronicle Books didn't get the memo -- it's celebrating the childrens' return to classes with this storewide sale -- selected titles are 65 percent off.
Cop: You can get the discounted price on all of Chronicle's titles in travel, literature, food and drink, etc. We are particularly intrigued by the new NPR book, though the book of Andy Warhol fashion sketches may be better suited to your hypothetical vacay.
April 11-12, 9am-7pm; April 13, 10am-3pm, free. Chronicle Books warehouse, 680 Second St., SF. www.chroniclebooks.com
Most Commented On
- oojppcpg - April 23, 2014
- Dr Lumba Brought Back My Lover - April 23, 2014
- It's true - SFBG prefer purity and achieving nothing to - April 23, 2014
- Still goes to poor political judgement and instincts - April 23, 2014
- Only two of the eleven Supes are hardline lefties - April 23, 2014
- With due respect all thank - April 23, 2014
- A GREAT MAN THAT HELP ME - April 23, 2014
- HOW MY EX CAME BACK TO ME - April 23, 2014
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014
- This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've heard today - April 22, 2014