Now that our local darling Honey Mahogany is out of the RuPaul's Drag Race due to being nice and enjoying actual fashion, we must say that Seattle drag queen Jinkx Monsoon's Little Edie from Grey Gardens blew away the Marilyn Monroes and Katy Perrys of last night's celebrity impersonation challenge last night on the LOGO TV show.
But we take serious issue with Gawker's headline proclaiming it the best Edie ever. Clearly politiqueen Anna Conda's take, assumed for her housewarming party upon moving to a fixer-upper in the Excelsior last summer, was superior in both motivation and situation. Overturned hottubs > sparkly curtained TV sets, in this case (and many others.)
That being said, tip of the champagne flute to Monsoon for going with a celebrity impersonation slightly more challenging than Ke$ha. We cringed when the other queens gave Monsoon shade for expanding her cultural references beyond feather extensions (and then the queen doing Marilyn Monroe missed the politicians affairs reference??), but they were in turn schooled by RuPaul, who named Monsoon the winner of the night's challenge.
Last night's 'Drag Race' challenge winner, our second-favorite Edie
Monsoon choose to watch the goings-on smack-dab in the Castro at Toad Hall last night. After Mahogany's dismissal, San Francisco may be done with Drag Race, but Drag Race just won't do without San Francisco.
Most Commented On
- Save the world, work less - April 18, 2014
- zUzviaJXphLlYMPuVgYZ - April 18, 2014
- ScYGPceqyQNCkrLATfuI - April 18, 2014
- Oh yeah, because Greg is your real name? - April 18, 2014
- lol - April 18, 2014
- xwXAORJJWONAwUycf - April 18, 2014
- Ahh the sweet irony of - April 18, 2014
- gowASgzXQY - April 18, 2014
- Nobody seems to address this - April 18, 2014
- gYXhvbcWyFOSPiLUi - April 18, 2014