Tango is spicy music. It makes you think of deep red dresses, glasses of rich wine, and warm nights for taking a long walk with your lover. Although we didn’t have one-way tickets to Argentina, an evening with the Redwood Tango Ensemble at the intimate and tiny Red Poppy Art House made the audience feel like they were that much closer to the real deal.
This five-piece ensemble of passionate and talented musicians performed a mixture of well-known and danceable tango pieces, along with a selection of its very own originals, which were sometimes a little more dark and moody, but also very different from traditional tango, posessing a certain home-grown flavor.
To top it off, there was even some tango dancing to accompany the music, showing the beautiful collaboration that tango music can bring between musicians and dancers.
Most Commented On
- It's true - SFBG prefer purity and achieving nothing to - April 23, 2014
- Still goes to poor political judgement and instincts - April 23, 2014
- Only two of the eleven Supes are hardline lefties - April 23, 2014
- With due respect all thank - April 23, 2014
- A GREAT MAN THAT HELP ME - April 23, 2014
- HOW MY EX CAME BACK TO ME - April 23, 2014
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014
- This has to be one of the dumbest comments I've heard today - April 22, 2014
- Again... - April 22, 2014
- Tech doesn't need you -- nor does SF - April 22, 2014