For this week's Winter Looks issue, we rounded up some of the Bay's hautest dressers to show us how to step out right when the weather's wrong
We've been big fans of Hayes Valley boutique Welcome Stranger for awhile now. There's something crisp, yet real comfortable about the shop's selection of flannels, jeans, and leather bags -- this is the place for San Francisco's urban cowboys. Store manager Justin Hagar was good enough to pose for us in the store's winter best.
"The jacket makes sense for rainy weather because it's waxed," he told us at the Guardian cover shoot. Well-dressed and smart?
Welcome Stranger “Waxed Safari Jacket,” Life After Denim “Lineage Crew” sweater in Flax/Midnight, Gant “New Haven Chambray Button Down Shirt” in Chambray, General Assembly “Original Pant” in Navy (all available at Welcome Stranger)
Norse Projects “Anton Wool Shirt,” Barbour “Down Wax Gilet Vest,” Velour “Adan Chino,” Eastland “Sherman Boots,” Miansai “Beacon Leather Bracelet,” thrift store corduroy hat (all available at Welcome Stranger)
Most Commented On
- What damage does the Hetch Hetchy dam cause now? - July 23, 2014
- I really don't understand - July 23, 2014
- It's really about make it - July 23, 2014
- thank you dr sule - July 23, 2014
- Keep the dam - July 23, 2014
- MUNI workers need raises - NOW - July 23, 2014
- Do they have the right to target civilians, Greg? - July 23, 2014
- Balance - July 23, 2014
- In addition to being dumb - July 23, 2014
- Restoring Hetch Hetchy Valley: A New Approach - July 23, 2014