Don’t you wish there was a how-to-guide on how to mix and match patterns properly? How do you really know if that leopard and that floral look good together? There should some kind of chart online you can download that tells you if seesucker pants and a neon T-shirt is an okay fashion combo. Let's just come to terms with it: true style doesn't come from pat answers.
When I stopped Alexandra Haag on 18th Street and Mission, she was wearing a red and black leopard-spotted vintage top and a blue and black tribal-print skirt. For her, mixing and matching is easy. “Just put it on. If it works, it works. If it doesn’t, find something else.” she said.
Simple logic: think less. Brands like Dolce and Gabbana have already embraced this winter trend with its floral print top-leopard print bottom dress. But you don’t have to go to Nordstrom to purchase such an outfit. You probably have the essentials in your closet, say a plaid shirt and paisley pants, or a polka dot blouse and striped leggings.
Remember, there are no rules.
Most Commented On
- 20 percent - December 12, 2013
- I'd like to know at what goal - December 12, 2013
- Cycling is popular with tech workers as they are typically - December 12, 2013
- FOLLOW-UP - December 12, 2013
- Tech businesses probably have a higher proportion of - December 12, 2013
- You pay now! - December 12, 2013
- homeless scum - December 12, 2013
- Wrong, Marcos, when white male tech workers like you buy up - December 12, 2013
- You speak of gay men like you - December 12, 2013
- Since when are CEOs and - December 12, 2013