That Michael Recchiuti has a fan base is no surprise. That it's dubbed the “Obsession Club” isn’t exactly unexpected either.
The Dogpatch-based chocolatier is opening a pop-up shop in the same neighborhood for easeful holiday treat-purchasing on November 17. Recchiuti is a tireless experimenter known as much for his carefully-sourced product as for the egregiously gut-tickling tastings he holds.
Past events the company has hosted have featured chocolate and tofu, not to mention chocolate paired with olive oil, spirits, and cheese. And who else would have the chutzpah or know-how to forge such majesty as the Ovaltini? The treat is a chocolate sherbet with cacao nib brandy paired with a barley malt cocktail garnished with a chocolate cigarette.
Recchiuti, working tirelessly in his personal production kitchen, also produces items within the traditional bars, bonbons, and boxes format, giftable items wherein you can still see his robust imagination.
The Little Nib pop-up, a smaller version of Recchiuti’s Ferry Building store, will showcase such Recchiuti classics as the asphalt jungle mix (peanut butter pearls, burnt caramel hazelnut, burnt caramel almond, and two different types of chocolate-covered cherries).
Also up for the old holiday-minded swoop-and-grab maneuver are fleur de sel caramels, truffles, peppermint thins, sweet sauces, brand new chocolate bar flavors, and wine and beer pairing boxes.
Recchiuti Little Nib Pop-Up
Open Thursday-Saturday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. through the holidays
807 22nd St., SF
Most Commented On
- Suing is a national pastime in the US - March 10, 2014
- Laws only protect specific groups who have lobbyists and - March 10, 2014
- The system is not working - March 10, 2014
- These are not "confiscatory laws" - March 10, 2014
- The downside of civil rights and political correctness is that - March 10, 2014
- I disagree. It's a "taking" if a government passes laws that can - March 10, 2014
- Apparently her family is already suing and so the system is - March 10, 2014
- discrimination means pretty much anything now - March 10, 2014
- It is not the government's responsibility - March 10, 2014
- Commercial & Personal Insurance are Different - March 10, 2014