Candles were lit, marigolds were trimmed, and white face paint was spread carefully over cheeks.
A large crowd gathered by sunset, meandering their way through Garfield Park to look at all the exquisitely decorated altars that honored friends and family who have passed on. The annual Día de los Muertos procession and display is always such a vibrant and colorful event, embracing the reality that eventually we'll all disappear, to who knows where, but buoyed by the thought that we'll never be forgotten. There is sadness, but that's part of life -- so why not have an amazing night party in the park to make things just a little happier!
¡Felíz Día de los Muertos mis amigos!
Most Commented On
- Want more proof of corruption - April 17, 2014
- FfgxQxozrJ - April 17, 2014
- I cheated on my husband - April 17, 2014
- XcHJKwtUSZnnvADbNPVD - April 17, 2014
- OPEN MEETING REQUIRED BY LAW - April 17, 2014
- WAKE UP!! - April 17, 2014
- Mind The Log In Our Own Eye, Rather Than Speck In Our Neighbor's - April 17, 2014
- pBtqkqHymFhGJVu - April 17, 2014
- Some people are generous, some are not... - April 17, 2014
- Im an insurance broker and - April 17, 2014