I went to Gamin’s (1335 18th St., SF), seeking a veggie burger and fries to pierce my Seis de Mayo nausea fog -- I hardly expected to find a beauty cure. Yet there it was in the refrigerator case. And it was just for me! Behold, the energy drink… for the ladies.
Yes, it’s Go Girl energy drink, available in Go Girl Bliss (yerba mate and peach tea), Go Girl Glo (aloe vera), and Go Girl Sugar Free (uh, sucralose). They max out at 35 calories, are high in taurine and “super citrimax” -- and what’s this? The can tells me it’s “good for healthy skin!" Score!
Finally, an energy drink that women can drink. See, other energy drinks just made me feel all manly, and stuff. Like Sparks -- who wants to have to carry around their energy drink in a paper bag? And Red Bull. C’mon, bull? It, like, doesn’t get much less dainty than that.
But I have no worries with Go Girl, no testosterone-y mid afternoon pickups for me! I tried the aloe vera one because it’s “refreshing combination of pomegranate and star fruit” sounded like just the ticket out of booze-ache land, but I’m definitely aiming to go back for Go Girl Sugar Free because a. the can is pink, and b. it’s got an extra bump of appetite suppressant in it -- your friend and mine, super citrimax!
Of course, now I’m on their website and they raise money for breast and ovarian cancer, and I feel like a total dick for writing this. But whatever! Energy and appetite suppressant, just for the ladies! Wait, their website says guys can drink it too. I feel had. But in a peppy, not hungry kind of way.
Most Commented On
- stainless steel - December 13, 2013
- So you have no problem with - December 13, 2013
- shop - December 12, 2013
- The law actually already applies to them - December 12, 2013
- And how exactly does this help her - December 12, 2013
- We are the future, you are the past - get over it - December 12, 2013
- Hitting The Bottle A Bit Early Aren't We - December 12, 2013
- Fan from Florida - December 12, 2013
- People can live anywhere they want to live - December 12, 2013
- Yes, Cash-rich Google - December 12, 2013