By Caitlin Donohue
This weekend, one of the nation’s largest get togethers of yoga masters, devotees and novices is going down just a bus ride from your front door. We’re talking all star yogis sharing their knowledge of kirtans, sun salutations and the business of starting your own yoga enterprise. But will you be snagging a ticket to attend the 7th Annual Yoga Journal San Francisco Conference?
I’m going to guess the answer is namaste you very much, but no. That’s because the price tag for the conference stands at $956 for a full five day pass. And no, that’s not including such luxuries as lodging, food and transportation. A single day pass for Saturday or Sunday is still gonna run you $285 worth of downward facing dog.
So maybe you won’t catch the Michael Franti/ Sean Corn vinyasa workshop (stay human guys, the class sold out awhile ago, anyway). But you may be surprised to hear that Yoga Journal has organized some special events for SF yogis who haven’t quite hit Rainbeau Mars’ income bracket. After the jump, a list of some of the open attendance, free of charge chances to focus on your breath this weekend.
Most Commented On
- Loving clean air and the - April 23, 2014
- Interpreter, not translator. - April 23, 2014
- Yes, Greg is a troll, and usually wrong as here - April 23, 2014
- Nieto has multiple RO's against him and was clearly - April 23, 2014
- Deserted is ridiculous - April 23, 2014
- actually, he was innocent. - April 23, 2014
- Never really a Motorhead fan, - April 23, 2014
- CAlL +2348182620374 TO GET YOUR HUSBAND BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS - April 23, 2014
- Damn egos - April 23, 2014
- If people want to work 60 hours a week to achieve more - April 23, 2014