Michelle Devereaux reports.
Before the world premiere screening of Seraphim Falls at the Elgin Theatre Wednesday night, Pierce Brosnan acted gruff and uncomfortable onstage, but Liam Neeson worked the crowd like a pro (even throwing out the old nugget “It’s all about you guys!”). He had some choice insights into the movie’s themes too, insisting that the western by first-time director David Von Acken -- a cat-and-mouse tale featuring Neeson hunting Brosnan through snow and sand -- is about forgiveness.
“The heart of this film is about forgiveness,” he reiterated. “Remember that.” Neeson thanked the production company behind Falls, as well as the company’s head, to general enthusiastic laughter from the adoring audience. The company? Icon. Its head? Why, that would be Mr. Mel Gibson. Maybe Gibson can get Neeson to make the same speech at the Apocalypto premiere in a couple of months. He’s probably going to need an icebreaker.
Most Commented On
- Hello, i am glad to read the - July 31, 2014
- Russia's Olympic moment: Let's really gay this f*cker up - July 30, 2014
- Government smackdown - July 30, 2014
- AqzRCSYUftu - July 30, 2014
- Tale of two parties: Was the 8 Washington defeat a referendum - July 30, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 30, 2014
- Sweet, psyched-out, and dirty - July 30, 2014
- Call to action issued at San Francisco vigil for Trayvon Martin - July 30, 2014
- OMG this is ridiculous. Why - July 30, 2014
- HOW I GOT CURE FROM HIV WITH THE HELP OF DR OBAZE - July 30, 2014