Just outside the town of Willow Creek and east of Willow Creek Bridge, skinny-dippers and swimsuit wearing sun-seekers love to gather on the sand and rocks of a little riverbank beach. "On the day I went there wasn't anybody nude, but I know other people who like to get naked there," says a visitor who went with his girlfriend and found several other couples present.
From the coast, go east on Highway 299 to Willow Creek, some 30 minutes from Arcata. After crossing Willow Creek Bridge, check your odometer Less than a mile east of the bridge, pull off the highway to your left onto a little dirt road that runs parallel to the highway. The road has small shrubby oaks on either side. After 100 meters or so, it ends at the beach parking area. Park and take the path down to the creek.
A mix of sand and rocks.
Few persons visit Willow Creek Bridge beach; those who do may be nude or suited.
Unknown legal status; rocky river bottom; cold water; needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- HEY YOU MUST BE A PIG JUST - March 30, 2010
- His credentials are on his - March 30, 2010
- RICO LAWSUIT FILED - March 30, 2010
- not even close - March 29, 2010
- Just DO It - Go All Out SOLAR Now - March 29, 2010
- Sovereign Immunity - March 29, 2010
- Screw all you who support - March 29, 2010
- Fixate & obsess on something that really matters - March 29, 2010
- antichrist, or anti-trust? - March 29, 2010
- Talk and endless lawsuits are - March 29, 2010