If you're heading inland from the coast, once you pass Blue Lake look for the Salyer Roadside Rest Area, east of Maple Creek beach. Across the street from the rest stop, you'll find a clothing-optional hole enjoyed by local residents and travelers.
Follow the directions to Maple Creek (above). The "nude beach is just east of the entrance to the Salyer Roadside Rest Area," says reader Donald. It's located about 100 yards east of the rest spot on the opposite side of the road. "At that point," suggests Donald, "you should turn down the gravel road to the parking area. A rocky, somewhat steep, but good trail will bring you down to the river."
A riverbank beach of sand mixed with rocks.
You may see a few visitors. Or you may be the only person present.
Gravel access road; rocky river bottom; unknown legal status; better directions needed.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- infectious human and animal prions in sludge compost - March 31, 2010
- ABC's and 123's! - March 31, 2010
- Correctional Corporation of - March 31, 2010
- what up Tilly! - March 31, 2010
- ZING! - March 31, 2010
- i couldn't give a pup's - March 31, 2010
- Don't think this jerk is all that uncommon! - March 31, 2010
- Bicycle cops on the streets in The Haight - March 31, 2010
- raw feeding - March 31, 2010
- Cardinal Levada - March 31, 2010