Used for a variety of activities, including diving, sunbathing, swimming, reading, and just kicking back, The Rocks is a little sun-washed site just downstream from Sunset Beach. If you jump off the rocks here, please use caution.
Public access land of private property. See Lower Wohler Bridge for enforcement policy.
Follow the trail from Sunset (see above) downstream about a quarter mile.
A 200-foot-long sandy riverbank that has high rocks on one side, plus a deep swimming hole. Some visitors dive or jump off the rocks.
"It's used by a mix of men, women, and couples," says Tom, a frequent visitor. "No citations have ever been issued at this beach to my knowledge." Best time to visit is late on weekdays. The rest of the time, says Tom, "it's pretty busy with clothed vacation users."
Area subject to visits by deputies; nude use usually limited to weekdays; needs better directions.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- Stand against Sit/Lie - March 24, 2010
- No Sam Troll - Your Frenzied Scribblings Hurt - March 24, 2010
- obama is a total jackass of a - March 24, 2010
- Central office spending - March 24, 2010
- party kids should dress like crackheads and poop outside - March 24, 2010
- It's not so simple - March 24, 2010
- I take my dogs to Fort - March 23, 2010
- The truth hurts. - March 23, 2010
- The demise of SF Nightlife - March 23, 2010
- Mayor Newsom needs to - March 23, 2010