You'll risk getting a citation if you strip down all the way at Montara. Just a handful of visitors still sunbathe topless or nude at long, narrow ribbon of sand at the extreme north end of the beach. The site, which is just south of Devil's Slide and adjacent People's Beach, originally drew nudists when a landslide blocked the road to Devil's Slide years ago. If you see rangers approaching from the south end of the beach, suit up quickly.
State beach, where rangers do not tolerate nudity.
Montara is 1.1 miles south of Devil's Slide on Highway 1. Arrive early on busy days to get parking. Walk north to the northern tip of the beach, where occasional nudity takes place on the hottest summer weekdays.
A narrow shoreline at the north end, where some dunes were nice for private sunbathing. But erosion has pushed nudists to more exposed areas.
Only a few naturists now use Montara.
Fog; wind; beach erosion; icy water; intolerant park rangers.
Select an Area:
Most Commented On
- not even close - March 29, 2010
- Just DO It - Go All Out SOLAR Now - March 29, 2010
- Sovereign Immunity - March 29, 2010
- Screw all you who support - March 29, 2010
- Fixate & obsess on something that really matters - March 29, 2010
- antichrist, or anti-trust? - March 29, 2010
- Talk and endless lawsuits are - March 29, 2010
- What's worse? - March 29, 2010
- And this is where the - March 29, 2010
- 3 Simple Questions For Arthur Evans - March 29, 2010